Chapter Fourteen

Danny squeezed Linda's hand harder as they held their breaths, waiting for the verdict.
"The jury finds the defendant guilty as charged."
All three Reagans sighed of relief. Everyone in the courtroom exited outside- everyone except the Reagans.
Linda was hugging Danny as they both stood in the courthouse.
"They're gone, babe. They'll never be able to hurt you again." Danny never wanted anything like this to happen again, especially to the love of his life.
All Linda did was cry- she cried tears of joy, relief, and realization. Until she had her breakdown, she never realized those things. But they were all true— she'd never be the same again.
"Well, I'm glad that's over!" Erin sighed and walked over to Danny and Linda.
"Want to go celebrate?"
"I just wanna go home, take a relaxing bubble bath, and put this whole thing outta my mind!" Linda responded, still holding Danny.
"We could have dinner with the rest of the family, though," Danny suggested.
"Are you okay with that, Linda?"
She nodded, "Yes, I'd like to see the family."
"Good; I'll call 'em, and I guess I'll see you at dinner!" Erin smiled and headed to her car.
"You ready to go back home?" Danny held Linda's hand.
"Please!"
******
Linda sighed and sunk lower into the bubbles. She felt so relaxed until she saw a tiny scar on her wrist. She hadn't noticed it before, and didn't remember getting it. I guess that's from the handcuffs....
A little while later, downstairs in the kitchen Danny searched for something to eat. He sighed as he moved some things around. "How come we never have anything good?"
"Danny?"
Danny turned around to see Linda standing in her bathrobe with a towel around her hair.
"What's wrong?"
She held out her wrist and barely whispered, "Do I really have six scars?"
He walked up to her. "Yeah, you do. But no one will see them."
"No one will see? Danny, I have one on my face!"
"And no one will notice."
"Of course they'll notice!" Linda sunk to the floor in front of the sink. "Everyone will notice..." she hugged her knees.
"Nobody noticed today," Danny sat down next to her.
"Yes, they did." She started crying, very upset with her recent discovery.
"So what if they notice? You're still very pretty."
"No, I'm not!"
"Yes, you are."
"Danny, I look like something out of a horror movie! Something they're running away from!" Linda cried harder. "And you're just saying that cause you have to!" She got up and ran upstairs.
Danny sighed, frustrated that he didn't know how to help his wife.