Chapter Sixteen

Linda saw someone standing in the corner of their room. "Danny?" She rubbed her eye sleepily.
The man got closer and closer until he was next to her side of the bed. "No." He simply said and got on top of Linda.
"No!" She cried. "No! Get off me! Danny! Stop!" She struggled to free herself, as she tossed and turned.
"Linda!"
"No! Stop it! Danny!"
"Linda! Linda!"
All of a sudden, Linda was looking at someone else. He turned the light on and she whispered, "Danny?"
"It's okay; you were having a bad dream," he pushed a stray hair out of her face.
She sat up and was silent, looking at their empty room. She threw her arms around Danny and cried into his neck.
"It's okay, you're safe now." Danny rubbed Linda's back as she cried.
"S-some- someone's in- in the r-room, D-Danny..."
"No, no, we're the only ones here; just you and me."
"I s-s-s-saw them...."
"You were having a nightmare. But you're safe now, it'll be okay."
Danny let Linda finish crying. "You ready to go back to sleep now?"
"Yes..." Linda got under the covers and Danny turned the light off. "Danny? Do you mind if we leave the lamp on? Please?"
"Sure." He turned it back on and laid down next to his wife.
"Can you hold me?" Linda asked pathetically.
"Of course." Danny spooned her and wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her shoulder and said, "I love you."
"Love you more..." she responded sleepily.
"Love you most," he whispered.
They fell asleep like that- in loving comfort.
*******
His hot breath on her neck. His teeth in her shoulder. A gun to her stomach. "Make a sound and I'll gun ya." Her gag fell around her neck. His lips against hers; his tongue on hers.
Linda's eyes shot open and her husband's cologne filled her senses. She could tell he just put it on; she looked at the clock- almost time for Danny to go to work.
She closed her eyes and Danny's lips met her cheek. "Bye, Linda. 'Member I love you."
As he walked towards the door, Linda told him, "Love you more."
"Love you most," and he left to go to work.