the tears

This part's really short, but I think it's necessary.
Do you believe that this chapter is short, but meaningful?
—————————
  Luffy sits in front of the hospital bed, trying his best to hold back the tears he's been shedding for the past few days. He intended to ask (Y/n) why she was crying the last time he saw her, but she hasn't shown up to work. It causes him to wonder if she knows what happened for Ace to end up here.
  He's been asking everyone he knows if they've seen her, but no one has. Marco said that he saw her the night he brought Ace here, but that was the only time he saw her. Luffy stares at his brother's unconscious body, a small smile formed by force.
  When his brother wakes up, he wants him to see him smiling. He wants him to feel as if everything is okay. He doesn't want him to think that he's the reason Luffy is crying. He feels a lump form in his throat, he can only cry so much.
  He stands up, taking Ace's hand into his and places his forehead on his brother's chest, "You promised me that you'd never die, now wake up, Ace... please."
  Everything has been so hectic lately. With (Y/n) missing, Ace being in the hospital, the inspection coming up, Christmas is approaching, and Luffy still needs to plan Ace's birthday party. If he even wakes up.
  No matter how hard he tried to keep the tears in, they decided to overflow, running down his cheeks and landing on Ace's chest, "I don't know what to do without you."

-