the window

Hey guys! I know where I'm going with this book now, so thank you all so much for your patience with me. (And wish me a happy birthday. I'm conceited and fell the need to tell you that it's my birthday. XD) No pressure.

Tell me, why have you stuck around so long for this book?
———————————
  She watched the first snow from the window of the new house. She also watched the kids play in the frozen water from that same window. With not much else to do, and no warm clothes, all she did was count the days and stare out the window.
She couldn't help but wonder about how Ace is doing. And if he's healed well. If he's out of the hospital or not. She gets off of her couch, her feet touching the cold flooring, and she makes her way to the kitchen.
The house is so quiet without anyone else here with her. A sigh escapes her lips as she opens the door to the fridge, letting her eyes wander the entire appliance. She doesn't know what she's looking for, but she's definitely searching for something.
  A defeated sigh escapes her lips as she closes the doors. She makes herself some (coffee/tea/hot chocolate) and goes back to the window, taking her spot back. No one's outside currently, and the snow has stoped falling for now, so all she has to look at is a white wonderland.
  She takes a sip of her warm beverage before noticing the time. Her boyfriend should be home soon. Should, is the key word there. Lately, he's been getting home later and later. It's not like she really cares, but she does because as stated before, it gets extremely lonely being the only person in the house all day.
  Suddenly, she spots a flash of color, two actually. One of them, looks exactly like her boyfriend when she watched him walk away this morning, and the other, she's new. She. (Y/n) huffs out some air, placing her cup on the coffee table next to her. She puts on her warmest pair of shoes and her heaviest jacket (which still isn't much).
  He's still doing it, she looks out the window one last time before she was going to go outside to greet him. Her timing is impeccable, as always. She just witnessed that woman, leaning over, placing her hands on his chest, and putting her lips against his. And he didn't stop her. He didn't push her away when it went on longer for one kiss.
  He made out with another girl, in front of the house that he shared with his girlfriend. And it's not the first time he's done it either. She reaches out, and closes the blinds. Sometimes, it's better to act like you didn't see anything. But why does it never work?
  Even if you act blind, it still hurts.

-