the kiss

guys... I think after an finish this book, I'm rewriting it.

——
"Wait," he pulls back, the sound of his voice causing her eyes to snap open. "Strangers... don't... they don't do that. They don't just kiss each other."
"Some do, but if it makes you feel better... let's go back to knowing each other, for a few seconds," she grabs his face and pulls him back, their lips lightly grazing each other.
They feel tiny jolts of electricity where their lips meet. His consciousness fades for what feels like eternity. He feels like he's floating, gravity no longer pushing down on him. This is the lightest he's ever felt. It's almost like magic.
  He feels a slight pinch in his heart, but it's overwhelmed by the organ punching his ribcage by trying to jump out of his chest and into her hands. So this is what love feels like. After worrying and being confused, all he needed to figure out his feelings was a kiss. Now he can't help but think, is she feeling all of this too?
  When they pull away, their eyes catch each other's and they just stare. So many emotions swirl in her (e/c)-colored ones, it's hard to pick just one out. He cups her cheek in his hand, gently rubbing her cheek bone with his thumb. She leans into his hand before reaching up and placing hers over his. No words can describe what's going through their minds. No words are going through their minds. Just pictures.
  Memories, to be exact. Ones they've made and ones that are still to be made. She grabs his hand and takes it away from her cheek before she moves closer to him and wraps her arms around his waist, snuggling her face close to his neck. He returns her action by wrapping his arms around her back and placing his chin on the top of her head.
  "Please," her voice comes out soft, like the snow now coming down from the sky. "Don't go."
  "I made no plans to," he pauses, "Except I do have work in like... five hours... so..."
  "Oh, oh my god," she pulls away from him and stands up. "I should probably go... if he wakes up and finds I'm not there... I might be dead. But... I'm going to break up with him... so I'll probably be dead anyway... but if I'm not... I'll see you later."
  "Oh... okay," he stands up, but before she can walk away, he pulls her back into a hug. "Be safe. And call me. I'll pick you up."

——————