7

Daniel woke up dreading the day ahead of him. He had to go in again and after yesterday he wasn't sure he really wanted to.

When his mom asked him how everything when he blew her off saying it was great. Now he had no excuse for calling in.

His thoughts were completely scattered as he made his way through the morning and into the cafe.

The lights were surprisingly already on, and it's smelled like freshly brewed coffee, even though they still had an hour till opening.

He turned the corner into the kitchen and slammed right into a wall that he swore wasn't there before.

he looked up to see the face he was dreading to see. Daniel stumbled back a couple of feet while his eyes wandered anywhere but the older brunette.

"watch where your going pretty boy." his voice was monotone and no emotion lingering in it.

"s-sorry" Daniel hated how his voice sounded, weak and submissive. but Jonah made him feel weak like he could break him with just a couple words.

which he had.

"Start the pastries?"

the smaller one simply nodded no longer trusting his voice.

jonah seemed to be normal as if nothing had happened. Daniel could usually pull a facade like this off pretending nothing happened. you just become naturally good at it after several one night stands.

but this was something different, Daniel felt the need to be around Jonah sometimes and would go out of the way to see him, but obviously, the thought process wasn't mutual.

he had just put the banana bread in the over when he felt his phone go off.

he opened it and spotted a message from the smaller boy that had immediately agreed to come by the shop yesterday when he had asked.

Zach-

I'll come around at about 8, ya?

Okay sounds good :)

"I'm opening up now, there are only a couple minutes till 6"

"Okay"

The first hour or two were usually the busiest. at least 2 or 3 people coming in every minute. So it wasn't really a problem avoiding Jonah other than when they were trying to grab the same thing or use the coffee machine, but they never said a word to each other.

The main business crowd had all slowly trickled out of the shop leaving the shop basically vacant other than five or so people. 

  jonah was in the back while Daniel stood, leaning over the counter waiting for Zach. just as the clock hit 8:05 the small brunette came into the building and wide smile placed on his face.

"Hey, Daniel!"

"Um, hey Zach. How are you?" 

"fine, did u want to talk?" his voice was cheerful and made Daniel felt guilty that he was only meeting Zach to make him feel better, not to actually spend time with the boy.

"ya, wanna grab the boot,." Daniel asked a fake smile plastered on his face.

daniel put down his apron and followed Zach to a the booth that they had first talked at.

"how your week been."

"Okay, we got to skip work the other day cause there was too much rain" Daniel explained. slipping into the booth across from Zach and lightly grabbing his hands.

"So did u just want to hang out or...?"

"Actually I was kinda wondering if u wanted to go out tomorrow night?" Daniel was nervous not for the right reasons though, he was nervous about rejection cause he knew his ego would not be able to take it. not rejection from Zach specifically.

"Like a date?" Zach was quiet and wasn't really asked out much. though of someone actually liking him made his heart flutter. His finger now playing lightly with Daniel's.

daniel chuckled slightly "Yep like a da-" he abruptly got cut off.

Damn jonah always manages to cut him off when he's talking to Zach.

"DANIEL GET UR ASS IN HERE AND STOP TALKING TO YOU BOYFRIEND."

"i'll be right back, sorry jonah's just an asshole." causing Zach to giggle a bit as he released the younger boys hands.

"You know I heard that dickhead." Daniel spun around to face Jonah.

"Damn can't wait two seconds on me now can you." Daniel chuckled. For some reason his usual confidence starting to rise again. "Quite needy aren't you."

"Says the one who showed up at my door yesterday." Daniel grumbled his voice low. but Daniel heard it.

"We are talking about that in the kitchen." his voice was stern, he turned and said a quick goodbye to Zach.

"Bye babe sorry to cut this short. text me if your in for tomorrow night ya?" he quickly then pecked the corner of his lips. while turning around to see an angered, may he add hot, Jonah.

OKAY SO I PROBABLY WONT BE UPDATING EVERY DAY THIS WEEK BUT I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AGAIN 1-2 MORE TIMES. MKAY GOODBYE THANKS FOR READING WVEN THOUGH IT TRASH LOVE U ALL🖤. ALSO, THE CHAPTER WAS PRETTY SLOW IT WAS KINDA A FILLER ONE BUT ILL TRY TO GET OUT WITH THE KINDA MORE NTRESTING WAS SOON!

~A