10: Maybe

Natsu's POV
I plop down on my hammock. Upset, confused. Over the past few weeks, Nashi would tell me everything, and me to her. We were inseparable; and I don't know why, but I could trust her with anything. It was so great, so why'd she leave? Did I do something wrong? Do I only push the people I love away?

I sigh and walk out my room. I look around for the pink haired girl, but I can't find her. I wander around the house. It looks as empty as it always was, it was mostly the reason I liked staying at her house. It was so warm and comforting. I knew I was never alone, when I was with her.

Nashi reminds me so much of her, her brown eyes, cheerful yet terrible attitude, and her ability to look on the bright side. She was so smart for her age, maybe even more than me.

I peer outside and see Nashi, sleeping outside. The moonlight shinning on her pale skin as her tiny arms wrap around Happy. Their both asleep. I pick up Happy and bing him inside. I come back outside to pick up Nashi, but I stop. Her face looks so calm when she's sleeping. It was as if she couldn't be bothered, but she was. If she wasn't she wouldn't have left. If she wasn't she would be smiling, not crying. If she wasn't she wouldn't have ignored me the way home. So maybe she was bothered.

Maybe it was me.

Maybe it was my intimidating aura or my similar hair. Maybe it was my dumbass self who doesn't know how to keep the ones you love close. I feel helpless, like I'm unable to understand what's going on and why. Why do I want to protect this child?

I can feel myself tearing up. Maybe she should've left. Maybe I'm not good enough, maybe I can't protect her well. Maybe-

...F**k

"Mommy?" The girl whispers. I freeze. I peer down at her and realize she's still asleep. I release a breath of relief before she begins talking again. "Are you, going to leave me?" My eyes go wide. I thought she was an orphan? I calm down and continue to listen. "After a month..... you'll be.... back.... right? And we'll.... tell daddy... about us?"

I frown. She had a family this whole time. I should've known that's where she would be going. She was probably trying to find them. But why would she want to live with me? I mean I know I'm a famous wizard, but why me?

"Sure." I reassure her. I know, I'm not the right person to tell her, but I want to make sure she's happy; it's the least I could do. I see her sleepy face smile. "Okay..." and she dosed off. I pick her up and kiss her forehead. "It'll be okay."

Nashi's POV
I blink my eyes and wake up in Daddy's hammock. However, I look around and don't see Daddy. I frown. I get up from the hammock and walk to the kitchen. I see Daddy, turned around and sitting at the table, with his head down. I walk to him and tap his shoulder. He turns around confused. Before he can figure out what happened, I run to him and hug him. "I-I'm Sorry. I didn't mean to make your upset! I just-" my eyes water as I remember what mommy said. "Shh , it's okay." Daddy comforts me. "It wasn't your fault." He pulls me away. "Let's go to the guild, okay?" I nod, and we head out the door.

I put my head down on the guild bar. "You okay, Nashi?" Mira asks. "Yeah, Im just... confused." I sigh. "Well I'm sure you can figure it out." Mira smiles. I nod. "Yeah."
"That flame brain? She couldn't do anything if she tried!" Storm retorts.

"Shut it Ice breath!"
"Fire lizard!"
"Artic Maniac!"
"WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP!"
"Eek! Sorry Reiki!" We squeak.

"But seriously Nashi, do something that makes you happy." Mira smiles. "I'll see." I whisper.

Daddy and I walk home in silence again. When we get home I run and plop onto my hammock. I pull out the note. I grab it and walk into the main area.

"Nastu." I call out to him. He turns around. "Yeah?"

I reach for the note in my pocket and shakily pull it out. I move away from Daddy and hand him the note. He pauses at first, then takes the note and carefully unfolds it. Once his eyes touch the paper, I gain the confidence to talk. "You, Nastu Dragneel.." Daddy starts to tear up.

".....you are my....

Biological Father.."

It's short, Ik but I hope you enjoy, baiaiaiiaiaiaiiiiiii dsnxndnd djsjsjsb