18: Family

A few years later

The young girl ran down the stairs, rushing to find what she was looking for.

She searched all of the lower level looking for her tool, but she couldn't find it.

"Are you looking for this?" A boy with blond hair holds the brand new communication lacrima Nashi was given.

"Hey! Luke give it back!" Nashi stomps as she lunges for him, lighting her fist.

"Try and catch me!" Luke pulls out a key and summons Plue, picking him up.

"Lets go Plue!"

"Puu~"

Nashi grumbles. "You brat! Give it back!" She punches Luke, sending him flying; and Plue back to his dimension.

"Owie..." Luke rubs his now burned arm. 

A tired Natsu walks down the stairs. "What's with all the ruckus?"

"Nashi/Luke started it!" They yell in unison.

"Nashi hit and burned me!" Luke pouted, displaying his burn mark.

Natsu brushes his hair back. "Really. It's the second time this week-"

"It's not my fault! Luke took my communication lacrima!"

"I needed it!"

Natsu scratches his head. "Um.. you kids might want to stop before..."

"Your only 5! I'm turning 10 soon so I need it more!"

"No I do!"

"You're so annoying!" Nashi growls.

"You guys!" Natsu shouts. The two pause and look at their father, who motions for them to listen. He cringes as he hears a baby cry.

"Great, Luna's up. Now moms going to be mad at us thanks to you!" Luke shakes his head.

Nashi has steam boiling from her head at this point. "You brat!" She's about to hit when she hears footsteps. She turns her attention to the stairs when she sees it.

Her mother.

Glaring daggers at the three of them.

It was as if she could kill with looks.

The three stand frozen in fear, as Lucy glares them all down, baby on her hip.

"I'm sorry mama, I didn't mean it, I swear-"

"Save it." She snaps.

I whisper to Luke, "Good going, idiot."

"H-hey Luce, how was your morning?" Natsu tries to make it up for Lucy.

"You all ruined my sleep." Her frown then turns into a smile, an evil one.

"Therefore you will pay!"

Nashi and Luke shriek as they run behind their Father.

"Hey! Why me? You two caused this!"

"You're her husband!"

Natsu shrugs. "Eh, fair enough."