17: United

"....Nashi..."

I grumble as I hear my name being called in the darkness.

"..Nashi..."

"Yess...."

"Time to wake up..."

"Nooo.... just a few more minutes... Miss.. Hisui"

The voice chuckles. "The queen? I'm not the queen."

I pause briefly before quickly sitting up and looking to my side.

"What? Is there something on my face?"

"Daddy!" I squeal as I hug him tightly. "Yeah, it's me Nash..."

"I know, I'm just happy to see you..."

"Why? I wasn't gone for long.... did anyone hurt you?" His voice changes a bit at the last sentence.

"No! They were really nice! But... I thought you abandoned me..."

"I told you I'd come back. I'd never leave you, not again." He hugs me.

I feel at ease and relax in his grip.

We stay there for awhile before he lets me go.

"Come on kiddo, it's time to head back."

"Back where?"

"You'll see."

I give my dad a weird look before I get up and change. When I finish, I see Natsu waiting at the end of the staircase.

"Ready to roll?"

"You bet!"

....

We say goodbye to the queen as I walk out of the castle, happy to be back with my father.

As I'm walking, I notice a figure standing near the front gates with the guards. The person looks really nervous, as if their anticipating something.

I walk closer before it hits me.

That's not any person.

That's...

"Mommy!" I cheer as I run faster towards the blond figure. She turns to see me and smiles. "Hey Nash."

I run up to her and give her a huge bear hug, burying my face into her stomach.

"You scared me... that's not nice!" I pout, clutching tighter.

She strokes my head gently. "I know, I know. I'm sorry, I just-"

"You don't have to explain yourself Mommy!" I smile up at her. "I know you know what's good for me! Plus, you came back! That's all I really wanted.." She stares at me with wide eyes, before blinking into a smile. "What did I do to deserve a beautiful daughter like you.." she squats and hugs me tight. I giggle.

"Hey, what about me!" My Dad comes out of nowhere, pouting.

"Silly Daddy, you were only gone for a day!" I laugh. He freezes before shrugging it off. He and Mommy give each other a look before avoiding each others gaze.

"Huh? What happened between you two?!"

My mother's face turns a light pink. "Oh, um, nothing much Nash, nothing much."

My father laughs.

I shrug my shoulders. "Whatever you say."

Flashback

Natsu was tired. He had been out looking all day because of what some person told him the other day.

"I saw a lady with blond hair moving towards the forest near the colosseum."