Chapter Twenty-One

Hey guys, I cant wait for you all to read the twists and turns. Thank you for all the support, especially @NourZheiry - she has been an amazing help throughout my entire experience so please if you can, read her novel "My Name Is Raquel" because its as awsome as her <3 xo Anyway, please remember to vote and comment your opinions on this chapter...ty xo 

 Chapter 21

“I’m sorry” she cried.

Tears raced down her face and dropped onto her dress creating wet patches. She wiped them away with her hands, but they wouldn’t stop flowing down her face. I resisted the urge to hold her and clear her of her tears.

“I can’t be with you” I spoke.

She froze; unable to speak her hand covered her mouth as the realisation of what I said sunk in.

“Please don’t say that” she begged.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

“I think it’s best we take a break, you’re obviously in need of one”.

“Please…I was drunk and didn’t know what I was saying” she sobbed.

I looked at the ground, unable to meet her eyes.

“You were telling the truth, since you’ve been with me you haven’t gone to a party where you can be free and enjoy yourself. That was the first time in a while you had gotten drunk and it seemed like it was the best time of your life. I’m sorry I’ve been holding you down for so long…I love you and always will but I think if when we go home we just go our separate ways, it will be best” my throat burned.

I blinked rapidly, pushing back the tears which threatened to escape.

I looked at her; I leaned forward and brushed my lips against hers.

She sat motionless. I stood up not knowing what to do. I held a hand out to help her up, she looked up, hurt and sadness filled her eyes, and she turned her back towards me and cried into her hands. I turned on my heel and rushed away from her.

I had an option to either go back to the party and get my mind off Isabelle or go have a nap since I was knackered. I went with the second option and dozed off.

“Where were you?” My mum asked opening the curtains.

The light shone in, burning my eyes. I cursed and threw the covers over my face.

“Leave me alone” I grumbled.

“I’m guessing you spoke to Isabelle, did she leave before I came?”

I looked to my left, Isabelle wasn’t there. I’m sure she didn’t come to bed; I would’ve felt the bed dip and I would’ve smelt the strawberry scent she leaves. I leaned over to her side and smelt the pillow. Nope. No strawberries.

“You odd boy” my mum stared.

“Take after you” I joked.

She laughed and came to my side.

“What happened?” she asked, concerned.

I groaned and lay back on my pillow. It was too early to have a serious discussion.

“I ended things, when we go home we are going to part ways, I told her I give her the freedom she deserves”.

“Are you not at least curious as to where she is?” she teased.

“No” Yes.

“Fine then, I won’t tell you” she stood up and walked out the room.

Fuck. My mind raced with all kinds of thoughts.