Chapter Twenty-Five

over 1k...i am so happy! big thanks to all my readers, without you i obvs wouldnt have achieved anything xo keep commenting and voting and reading! add it to your library so youre up to date with my updates LY xo

Chapter 25

Finally!

After three grocery stops I found it, as a present to my mother I went to ‘That Shop Which Has Everything’ (literally.) and bought her a tub of Ben & Jerry ice cream, cookie dough to be exact. Personally I hate the taste, the cookie dough balls taste like cement. I cringed at the thought.

“What do you think it’ll be?” I heard a familiar voice speak.

I ducked behind a pampers box, peeking through the shelves at the previous isle. Stood looking beautiful holding her belly was Isabelle. Next to her, with a hand in hers was Jason. How I wish I was blind so I didn’t have to see that sight, they looked happy…Isabelle looked happy.

I examined her belly, she doesn’t look one month along…but Jason told me she was.

A thought crossed my mind, no. no. no. no. no. no. no.

Just as I was about to show my face, the next words stopped me.

“I don’t know, I’m hoping it’s a girl…I’ve always wanted a little girl. To dress her up and love her, she will be the cutest girl out. Our baby will rule the world” she smiled, her face lit up as Jason picked up a pink bonnet and gave her a reassuring smile.

I bit my lip, holding back the anger and tears. A shove from behind moved me forward, my arm accidently knocking over the pampers box which hid my face. I looked up in an instant; both Jason and Isabelle looked at me in shock.

“Zac?” Isabelle gasped.

I stood up, avoiding both their stares and rushed out the shop, leaving behind the ice cream. Isabelle’s screams distanced as I got further and further away from her.

“Zac, please wait!” she yelled before she stopped.

I sat in the car, my head rested against the wheel. A few droplets of tears ran down my cheeks, I wiped them away and banged my hand against the wheel…emphasising my anger and frustration towards Isabelle.

From Jason this was expected, he’s been waiting to get into her panties ever since she broke up with him and started hanging with me. But from Isabelle? I didn’t think I’d live to see the day.

The knock at the door took me out of the depression in which I was drowning.

I rubbed my eyes and got up to open the door.

There stood my mother, her arms crossed across her chest and her foot tapping the floor.

“Downstairs now” she instructed.

I followed behind her,

“There is someone here to see you” with that, she disappeared in the kitchen.

A look of confusion overtook my face; this all seemed too calm for my liking.

I walked into the living room; I did a double take as I took in the figure sitting before me. Her blond locks flowing down around her face and shoulders. She bit her lip, her fingers shaking at the same pace as her leg. Isabelle wore a long black dress which showed little of her growing bump. She stood up; with each step she took towards me, the same steps I took away from her. She stopped, turned and sat on the couch. Her gaze lowered as her bottom lip quivered.