Chapter 29

Josh's P.O.V.

Chapter 29

I woke up, surprisingly happy, I reached over and checked the time on my iPhone. 11:37. I slid out of bed, careful not to wake Jennifer, and went downstairs to make her breakfast.

I was stirring the pancake mix when I felt 2 hands go over my eyes.

"Guess who?" said a familiar, sweet voice.

"Urm.. let me guess.. Mother nature?" I said, my voice practically dripping with sarcasm.

"Oh yeah, your real funny." Jen said, and I could bet a million dollars that she rolled her eyes.

Just at that exact moment, my phone started to ring, I needed to talk to him anyway. After he got back from speaking to lily, he wasn't acting the same.

"Jen, I gotta speak to sam, can you keep mixing the pancakes? Just try not to ruin them." I said jokingly, and that earned me a slap on my chest. I kissed her cheek and walked away chuckling.

"Yo Sam." I said in a chavvy voice.

"Meet me at Starbucks at 1." Sam said suddenly.

"Woah, what's up with you man? Everything ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, bye." Sam said before hanging up.

I frowned and walked back into the kitchen.

"What did Sam want?" Jen asked me.

"I dunno, he seemed a bit off, but he wants to meet me at Starbucks at 1. And when I get back I will take you out for dinner. I winked at her and started serving the breakfast.

I walked into Starbucks with 3 and a half minutes to spare. Sam was already sitting at a booth with a coffee in front of him. He had black bags under his eyes.

"Dude, did you sleep at all last night?" I asked, sitting down opposite.

"Not really. No." he said.

I called a waitress over and ordered 2 more of the mocha that Sam had.

"Why not? Sam what's wrong?" I was seriously getting concerned now.

"Err well, last night at the party, I went to talk to lily..." then he launched into a massive story, not missing out a single detail.

"Woah, that's rough. Did you kiss her back?" I really couldn't think of much to say at this point.

"Erm, maybe? yes, no? I don't know!" He exclaimed, then put his head in his hands. I just looked at him and sipped at my coffee.

"I dunno what to do, Laura is already 2 months along, I don't want to stress her out and I can't risk losing her!!!!!" He shouted the last part and then put his head back in his hands.

"Sam, Sam listen." I shook his arm until he looked up. "There are 9 months of pregnancy, 2 months isn't really that far along. and Laura is not a grudge-holding person is she? She will understand as long as you tell her as soon as possible and the ultimate truth." I said.

Sam let out a shaky breath. "Ok, I'll do it tonight. Thank you so much man and sorry for dragging you into this."

"Sam it's fine, and you know your welcome at ours anytime you need it." I hugged Sam then left, and as I walked out the door, I shouted back "Don't worry man, you've got this. Your Sam Claflin!"