Chapter 53

Jen's P.O.V.

Chapter 53

The wind was whipping up in my skirt and I was finding it quite hard to manage it. Fortunately, I was wearing a white dress that was to my ankles with a small black bag and white wedges so I wasn't exposed at all.

Josh and I were walking up the stairs of the Eiffel Tower, hand in hand. He had gone so far to make me happy this past week and a half. I honestly felt bad that he had spent so much, but he wouldn't let me pay for ANYTHING. It's not like I didn't have the money, but it was his gesture.

When we got to the top and to our table, josh pulled out the seat for me before sitting in his own.
"This is..." He started, but I jumped in and finished for him.
"Absolutely incredible." I smiled warmly and grabbed onto his hand, lacing our fingers together.

"What part of it is incredible for you?" He asked me.
"Everything, the view, the table, how you did this all for me, we are in France!" I exclaimed.
He chucked and then said "Well, the best part for me is definitely being here with you, I have missed you so much. I want to spend as much possible time with you as I can."
I just smiled back and shook my head lightly.

A few minutes later, our light conversation was interrupted by a young waiter in a black bow tie and suit. His black hair was flipped to one side and had streaks of blonde.

"Good evening, are you ready to order?" He said in a thick British accent, something I didn't expect on the Eiffel Tower.
"Yes please, we have both decided for the chefs recommendation, and a bottle of the red house wine please." Josh spoke on behalf of us both.
"Of course sir, I will be back with your drinks shortly." He looked at me and his gaze lingered a little too long before he turned and walked away.

Josh seemed to notice this because I saw his jaw clench. I smirked and put my hand on his.
"Josh, calm down." I said, suppressing a giggle. I loved it when he got jealous and protective.
"He was so checking you out." He spoke through gritted teeth.
"So? It's not like you have any competition." I told him, this seemed to calm him down a bit. He looked at me and smiled.

"Sorry Jen, but I've finally got you back and I don't want to lose you to anything, or anyone." He said to me, sighing. I shook my head and laughed.
"Trust me, you won't."

*****

Josh's P.O.V.

"That was such an incredible meal!" Jen exclaimed from beside me. We were both standing next to the railings of the Eiffel tower, peering down at the beautiful lights of Paris below us. Thankfully, neither of us were afraid of heights so it made the whole thing more enjoyable compared to if we had been afraid.
"I know. It was amazing food, but I wasn't too find of the service." I told her.
She laughed before saying, "Thank you josh, for everything."

I smiled before she leant in to kiss my lips, it was soft and lingering, but only lasted a couple of seconds to my dismay. I could kiss her forever. I looked to the right and saw the waiter, once again staring at Jennifer. I shot him a glare before pulling Jen in for another kiss, this time longer and more passionate. I made sure he could see us clearly.

After I paid the bill, we decided to leave. Whilst we walked hand-in-hand along the cold streets of paris. next to me, I could feel the vibrations of Jennifer's shivering next to me. I pulled her to a stop and took off my blazer and laid it over her shoulders. She smiled and turned to face me as we stood in the street with the busy French traffic around us.

Our faces were just inches apart, so all I could see was Jen and her beautiful face and sparkling green eyes. And in that moment, nothing else mattered.
"I love you, Jennifer Shrader Lawrence." I whispered to her.
"I love you too, Joshua Ryan Hutcherson." She whispered back.
I leaned forwards slightly and brushed her lips, then smirked.
"Oh, don't tease me Joshua." She mumbled before cupping my face in her hands and pressing her lips to mine. It was like fireworks. No-one else was there, no-one else mattered. It was just me, and Jennifer.