Chapter 20

Jen's P.O.V.

Chapter 20

I got out of the taxi and stared in amazement at my childhood home, nothing had changed since I last came here, god, had it really been a year? I walked up to the front door and was about to knock when it swung open and my mum knocked the wind out of me, jumping for a hug.
"Hi Mum." Was all I could manage, as I was being squished to death.
"I MISSED YOU SO MUCH JENNIFER." She practically screamed in my ear, I flinched and I heard josh chuckle behind me.
"I missed you too mum, I just can't breathe." I laughed lightly.
Next she moved onto josh as I walked under the doorway and greeted my dad, with a big hug.
"I missed you dad." I sighed, holding back tears.
"I missed you too jenny." He said, before kissing the top of my head. Then I heard a cough behind my dad and looked up to see Ben and Blaine, standing in the doorway with their arms extended towards me.
"Hey, look who finally decided to come around." Said Ben jokingly.
"Hey nitro." Blaine winked at me.
I literally flew into their arms and for the first time in a while, I felt at home.

We all gathered around the kitchen table, eating mums famous lasagne.
"Mum, this is just as good as I remembered it." I said, with a mouthful of food, which gained a laugh from blaine.
"Yes, Mrs lawrence, it is pretty darn good." Said josh from the seat to my right.
"Thank you, dear josh. But please, please, call me Karen." She pleaded across the table.
"That's fine with me, Karen." He said and smiled.

After dinner we watched Thor, Ben and dads favourite, then we went to bed.
I was staring at the ceiling fan, spinning around and around, my head on Josh's chest, when I sat up, faced him and whispered. "Josh? You awake?"
He creaked one eye open. "Yeah, Jen, I'm right here."
"I love you." I stared into his mesmerising blue eyes.
"Jennifer?" He asked.
"Yes?" I said back.
"I love you more." He said before leaning up to kiss me.