Chapter 36

Woody's P.O.V.

Chapter 36

I threw on an old shirt and some faded, blue jeans before running to my car and jumping into it. I reversed out of my drive and swung round the corner, setting off for St Pauls hospital.

I parked in a random parking space and fled inside to the main reception.
"Help me, I need to see Jennifer Lawrence right now. What room is she in?" I gushed at the receptionist.

"Sorry, who are you? Because I can't let you in unless your family." she told me, in a chavvy accent.
"I'm her.. urm. Her dad." I lied.
"Okay then, you go up to the next floor, and it's room 287." she said, looking almost bored.
"Thanks." I said and jogged to the elevator.

Once I got to the right floor I rushed down the corridor, looking for the right room number. I found room 287 and swung the door open, only to find it empty. Where the hell is jen? I have no clue what's wrong.. I don't know why she called me, crying at a hospital, in the middle of the night.

I decided to check all the other rooms on this floor incase that lady got a mistake. I walked up and down the corridor, peering into windows, waiting to get a glimpse of her. I needed to find her now.

265.. No.
266.. No.
267.. No.
268.. No.
269.. No- wait, I took a step back and looked into the window again for a better look.

I gasped at what I saw. Josh was laying on the bed unconscious, with wires going in and out of his body. Next to him on the bed was a tear streaked jennifer, curled into his side.

I opened the door and slowly edged towards them. I need to know what happened.
I looked around the empty room and looked for anything useful. On the bedside table I saw a clipboard. I went and picked it up, then started to read.

Patient name: Joshua Ryan Hutcherson
Age: 22
Birthday: 12-10-1992
Occupation: Actor
Case: Car crash, potentially fatal, is in a coma, might not wake up and also had a passenger in the car who suffered minor injurys.

I gasped and put down the board, before closing my eyes and leaning against the wall for a moment.
How could this have happened?

I walked round the bed and gently shook Jen.
"Jennifer, Jen." I said, putting my hand on her shoulder.
"Hmmm, josh?" She mumbled.
"No sweetheart, it's woody." I said, with a sad smile on my face.

She immediately turned around, now wide awake. She saw me and then leapt into my arms. She sobbed into my chest and soaked my shirt, but I honestly didn't Care.
"Woody." she kept whispering.
"It's ok sweetheart. I'm here now and I'll stay as long as you need me." I said to her, caressing the back of her head.

*****

She had fallen asleep on me after crying for about 15 minutes. I decided to carry her to her room, baring in mind that it was 2am.

I gently layed her in her bed before taking the seat next to it.

I sat and stared at the wall for a while, before sleep finally took over.

Hey guys so im sorry this chapter probably sucks but I'm not good at woody povs but I think it was kind of necessary ✌️ I hope you enjoy this though.