Chapter 37

Jen's P.O.V.

Chapter 37

The smell of pancakes wafted into my room, I sat up immediately. I looked around to see that I was at home? I wondered down my stairs, following the smell before entering the kitchen.

"Josh?" I asked, quite shocked at the scene in front of me, he was awake, and making pancakes.
"Yes babe?" he replied.
"Why are we home?" I said, taking a seat at the breakfast bar.
"What do you mean?" He walked around the kitchen and stood next to me. "We came home from the hospital yesterday," He finishes.

I looked at him, quite confused for a moment before throwing myself forwards into him. He caught me, although quite off-guard.

After a few minutes, he spoke up.
"Babe? What's the matter? Why are you crying?"

"Because, you were dead. You were gonna die and leave me here!" I sobbed into his shirt.

"Jen. I'm still right here and I'm not going anywhere I promise you. I love you." He said to me, soothingly.

I looked up at him before pressing my mouth to his. After a moment, he kissed me back.

This wasn't like any other kiss, this was filled with so much passion and lust. Because we could have lost each other, but we didn't. After about 10 minutes, we moved backwards towards the couch. Not breaking away.

We bumped into a few things before finally finding it. I laid down and expected josh to follow, but he didn't.

I sat up and looked around but he was gone. And so was I.

*****

I was in the hospital again. With woody asleep, next to my bed in that awful, uncomfortable metal chair.
I looked around before seeing the clock, 5:37am.

I reluctantly laid back down and waited for sleep to overcome me, but it never did.

"Morning sunshine!" I heard woody's voice, I groaned.
"Good night sleep?" he asked me.
"No." I mumbled into my pillow.

It was silent for a minute before he spoke up again.
"He will wake up you know."
"How could you possibly know that?" I asked him, sitting up.
"Because, he is josh." said woody before walking out the room.

I looked down at my lap before the door opened again.
"I'm going to get some breakfast. Do you want any?" Woody said.
I shook my head.

"Well, I'm getting you some because you need to eat." he told me before walking out of the room.

***

"Jen, go home." Woody said.
It was early evening and we were both sitting there, watching josh... sleep.

"I can't leave him." I barely whispered.

"You can, I'll stay here with him and you go and get changed, shower, and have a goodnight sleep. Come back in the morning." He told me.

"But what if some-" I started.

"If anything happens I will call you straight away. See you tomorrow, Jen." He said, hugging me and then sitting back down next to josh.

I groaned but walked out.