ix.

(Based off 1

(Based off 1.05

Number Five)

Apocalypse

Five stumbled through the highway, a trolley of supplies trailing behind him. Lying on the top was a picture of Five and Kali happily smiling into the camera. It had somehow survived the many fires, as though to rub it in his face, how he couldn't save her.

He wouldn't let anything happen to it and as summer turned to winter and winter turned to spring, the picture was still in mint condition while the rest of his clothes, his hair, grew dirty and unkempt, though he didn't care as long as that was okay.

In a day in spring, when the unchecked weeds sprouted through the road as nature retook the earth, Five set up camp, leaning the old picture onto a pile of boxes, whipping the little grime from Kali's face so he could see it clearly, even in his age.

"Do you remember that, uh, little mansion just outside the city limits?" He asked, he wasn't crazy, he knew she wouldn't reply but it was like his safety blanket, it made him feel less lonely, as though he would be okay. "Well, it turns out the wine cellar was untouched. Picked up a few cases of the Bordeaux we used to bet Klaus to down when we were younger," He poured it into the cleanest cup and downed it quickly, glad to leave the hellish world in front of him.

Before he could continue his depressing rambling, he shot up hearing rubble fall under someone's feet. He quickly grabbed his gun, grabbing the picture just in case someone tried to take it.

He looked over and saw a tall woman with bleached blonde hair and a large gold hoop around her wrist, she was wearing a long black trench coat and a small black hat sat on the top of her head and blackout sunglasses were hiding her eyes from the dead world. She waved across the clearing.

Five slowly lowered his gun, he hadn't seen another real person in many years so for a second he thought it was imaginary. His eyes widened as he was proven wrong.