VII

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕟𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣  𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟜
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"i'm draco malfoy"

THE DISTINCT PECKING of Cecil, the Malfoy Family owl on the dungeon skylight had alerted Draco's attention that early evening

THE DISTINCT PECKING of Cecil, the Malfoy Family owl on the dungeon skylight had alerted Draco's attention that early evening. He silently removed the glass barrier with his wand, allowing the owl to glide in, descending towards the armchair that Draco was slouched in.

Retrieving the envelope with his name scrawled in his mother's distinctive cursive writing. Cecil was a rather rude owl and did not wait for Draco to read the letter before exiting promptly out of the magical skylight.

He read the letter carefully and proceeded to quickly burn it in the fireplace, with sparks of emerald emitting from the parchment as the perilous flame consumed the secret words regarding his sister.

Quietly collecting the items he needed from his dormitory; avoiding the passed out Crabbe and Goyle, Draco responded to his mother.

Dear Mother,

You shouldn't worry about me, I understand that father shows his emotions in a different manner since Rosie disappeared.

I deserved what I received for bringing up a rather sensitive topic without proper forewarning.
I do plan to get to know her better. . . hopefully even become friends with her.

I hope you are well.

- Draco

Draco inconspicuously left the common room and soundlessly stalked his way through the castle towards the owlery. Upon entering the room, he located Desmond, his moody owl with midnight black wings and beady orange eyes.

He passed Desmond the responsorial letter, the owl ruffled its wings before flying out the glassless window. He stood for a few moments, admiring the utter darkness and silence surrounding the castle.

Soft footsteps behind him gained his attention, watching the familiar blonde step into the owlery.

"Hey," He greeted hesitantly, rubbing the back of his neck unsure as to how she felt about him after their encounters. . . not that he'd blame her.

Rosalie merely handed her letter to her own midnight owl before turning to leave; ignoring his presence entirely.

Draco stepped forward, barely able to cover up the desperation in his voice. "I just wanted to apologise for how I treated you . . . it was inexcusable and I'm truly sorry."