LI

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣  - 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟘
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"strange, how you can be living your dreams
and nightmares at the very same time"

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣  - 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟘━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━"strange, how you can be living your dreams and nightmares at the very same time"

He followed them.

Not that it was hard. The two children were beyond distracted by the piles of snow that now covered their street like a blanket.

The air was cold, sucked in like an icy tonic. The children sprinted into the distance, dancing under the radiating winter sun.

He needn't hurry. He knew where they were headed.

He trekked slowly through the path that had been made; piles of snow forming as the ice-white dust now returned to the ground.

The lake was surrounded by a thick blanket of white, trees and shrubs peeked out under their new white caps, footsteps and paw prints crisscrossed each other around the labyrinth of paths.

He waited; watching as she disappeared beneath the ice with a muffled squeal. Her scream told of the pain within, confusion. How could this have happened?

The young child pounded his fists against the glass-like texture, desperate to save his friend. His magic, neither strong or controlled enough to penetrate the ice.

He counted the seconds since she'd disappeared. Her body would paralyse slowly, her heartbeat would gradually start to fade.

When frost begins to seize the heart with its vice-like grip, all strength is depleted. . . she would surely die soon, the ice merely strengthening its hold around her.

He moved towards the pair as though oblivious to the child's panic mania.

Without another step closer, he raised his wand; the boy collapsing beside him.

At once, the world became still. Her frozen face slowly reappearing to the surface. The ice melted away as her body was lifted from the water.

He laid her down next to the boy. The girl had almost translucent skin, thin and without any discernible pigment. Her eyes had frozen over like the surface of a winter puddle, robbing them of their usual warmth.

Raising his wand once more, he spoke. "Obliviate."

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕔𝕙 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟞
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"i don't know how to say this but i ..."