Dinner Gone Wrong

BETTY POV

I sat at the dinner table with Jughead's family. It was Me, Jughead, Jellybean, his Dad, and his Mom. We were having Caesar Salad, Salmon, Red Potatoes, and Bread. I hadn't said much and it was going really well. Then the butler came out to take our dishes.

"Let me take that fo-...Betty Cooper? Is that you?! It's been so long! How are you!" He exclaimed.

"Hi Kevin Keller. I'm pretty good. How about you?"

"Pretty sweet myself. Are you still working at the Riverdale Pizza?" Kevin asked. I nodded and he walked away. His dad was glaring at Jughead, giving him the disappointment look.

"So Betty...Jughead didn't tell me that you were in the Pizza business. I've always loved the smell of...peasant food." FP said. He chuckled and I giggled.

"It's a noble profession. At least she has to work hard for her money. Tell me Dad...what's so great about getting a big check and sitting on your butt eating donuts all day?" Jughead asked. Jellybean snickered and Gladys glared at FP.

"FP, shut your trap. She came here because Jughead wants us to know this girl he's so fond of. Please me nice." Gladys sassed.

"Most waitresses have major issues. Destined to be poor and have no life-" FP began.

"Shut up! Betty is a beautiful woman! You're being a jerk and you don't even deserve your money!" Jughead yelled.

"You listen to me-"

"What is it with you can these people who are just trying to make a living? It's at least something! You're such a phony!"

"Forsythe Pendleton, you watch your mouth. Let's have the butler start to take our dishes away." FP nodded. Jughead stood up and knocked all of the dishes and plates off of the table. Everyone gasped and FP grew red with anger.

"Look at your money now, Dad!"

"Dangit Jughead!" I yelled. I ran out of the house into his front yard. I just needed to get away and the whole night turned into a whole disaster. Then Jughead ran after me.

"Betty, I'm sorry. They were being mean and I couldn't let them do that to you."

"You weren't doing it for me. You were doing it for yourself." I cried.

"They were being jerks!" Jughead yelled. I looked at him in the eyes and scoffed. He was being unbelievable.

"The only jerk in that room was you! Bring home your poor girlfriend! I'm poor and I hate it but at least I admit it. Everyone thinks I'm desperate but wait until they meet you."

"What are you talking about, Betts?"

"Your father didn't get you kicked out of pre-med, you did that all on your own...you're not even good enough for." I shook my head. Jughead sighed and I saw Kevin getting in his car.

"Hey Kev, will you give me a ride home?" I yelled. Kevin gave me a thumbs up and I looked back at Jughead.

"I'm gonna go home and hopefully you can find a girl that's not so poor." I said. I began to walk away and Jughead yelled me name. Veronica, Cheryl, and I are now all single and in need of Moose Mason to review our restaurant on TV.
——————————————————————-
OK, SO IM GONNA SAVE MYSELF FROM HATE I WOULD GET. NO, I DONT THINK THAT IF YOU ARE A WAITRESS THAT MEANS YOURE POOR. FP JONES IN THIS STORY IS A NARCISSISTIC RICH MAN THAT THINKS IF YOU AREN'T AT HIS LEVEL, THEN YOURE POOR. HAPPY READING!