Chapter four: Damn it all

Chapter four:  Damn it all

Snow

“Why are you doing this” I asked as he threw me onto the bed in what his mama called “the room.”

“Well we will subdue you until you no longer fight fate my dear” the woman answered.

“Fate” I breathed my words full of resentment.

“Yes” she laughed.

“You and me is gonna have babies” Byron answered and I could have puked.

But instead I didn’t fight anything except my thoughts from escaping my lips. Until they left the room, and then I started jerking and pulling on the door handle hoping to bust out. When that didn’t work I went for the window, only it was forged with bars.  I was screwed and as I sunk to the floor beneath the window I realized that I gotten myself out of one crap situation directly into another one, then another one and, maybe I shouldn’t have left the safe house.

**

I had spent half the night trying to free myself by chipping away at the walls, ripping out the vents moving the bed slamming stuff into the wall and, nothing worked.  I hadn’t gotten any sleep even in the soft bed, but maybe that had something to do with the fact that they were planning to breed me like a dog.

“Breakfast is served” the perky voice said upon entrance to the room gaining my attention. I stared wide eyed at her as she spoke “I really hate leaving you locked up here like a dog, so why don’t you just rethink my proposition and darling so we can get on with it.”

I groaned “I have to pee” then I cocked a brow at the insane twit and stated “that or I will urinate all over your nice yellow comforter…Should I mention the pleasantly comfortable bed too.”

She placed her wrinkled finger on her chin and suggested “right…Right then…I suppose bathroom then breakfast.” She held the door opened for me and as I walked out of it and she grabbed my arm she said “Byron is out collecting flowers from the rose garden, in attempt to woo you.”

Woo me? I thought but didn’t ask as I followed her down the stairs I waited for her to let loose of my hand and contemplated what to do while she did let go of me to grab the railing I didn’t have much time to think I lifted my foot and kicked her in the center of her back.  And, I watched cheerfully as she tumbled down them, I didn’t feel bad or anything but I did freeze for a moment and watched as she landed at the bottom of them while remembering she had locked the house with a key on the inside.

I went through her pockets and she stirred weakly while I turned her pockets inside out until I found the key. I held it up to my lips and kissed it then I went down the hall past a few other rooms and straight to the front door. I needed to get out of here and I didn’t have time to waste.