people should change their hobbies

'I don't care about what people says behind my back, it's what they say in my face that counts'

"I heard you went with Troy yesterday." Luke's leaning on the locker next to me.

"People should change their hobbies." I say as I close my locker.

"Troy is my friend, but he's bad news for you, Beatrice."

"Beatrice White and Troy Sullivan, please report to the principal office." The announcement roars into the hall. Every student in the hall immediately turns their head to my direction.

Luke is chuckling with a stupid smile in his face, "told you."

"Shut up." I roll my eyes at him.

"How you and your father?" Luke walks me to the principal office.

I shrug myself to the chair in the waiting room, not answering Luke. He doesn't give me another question about Ben. I take a glance at him next to me, he's busy scrolling his Instagram feeds. I close my eyes, savoring the quiet morning in this room. That until, the troublemaker comes and greets Luke with his monkey noise.

What he did yesterday was nice, unlike Troy I knew. But, I still need to draw a distance from him. Luke didn't have to tell me that Troy is bad news. I do know he is bad news. And I know better to not get myself in another surprise or drama. One father of the year is enough, I don't need another friend or boyfriend of the year.

"Ms. White." I open my eyes when I hear Principal Parker's voice.

I get up from my seat and walk straight to his office. Luke shouts good luck to me which followed by a giggle from Troy's mouth.

"Please have a seat." Principal Parker closes a file in front of him. I nod and take my seat, waiting for his next words. "I know it's must be a surprise for you to hear your name in the speaker."

I chuckle, "yes, sir."

"Mrs. Weiss told me yesterday that you ditch the last period with Mr. Sullivan." There's clearly a confusion in his voice. "I don't know that you are friend with him."

"Oh, we are not friends. He just helped me yesterday because went to school immediately was getting in my head."

Principal Parker nods his head, "yeah, I meant to ask you yesterday why you went to school. It's okay if you need time, Beatrice."

"Thanks Principal Parker. But I think I have a better chance at recovery in school. You know, be normal and stuff. Besides, if I take a week off, who would take care the council and the students?" I smile at him.

"You do know, there are students that wouldn't blink at the opportunity for taking a week off." I nod while chuckling. "I won't punish or charge you with anything. It's just a warning. You have to commit with your words and action. Next time you ditch another class, I have to give you a punishment."

I nod repeatedly, "thanks Principal Parker."

He nods and I straighten my bag while getting up from my seat.

"Oh, Beatrice. I suggest you take a distance from Mr. Sullivan." Principal Parker smiles weirdly, "he's bad news."

I smirk, "oh, I know, sir."

Principal Parker chuckles and nods his head. I reach for the doorknob and twist it. Luke and Troy is conversing about something that seem amusing because they giggle like girls seeing their crush in the park. Come again, I don't know that Luke is that close with Troy.

"Hey." Luke gets up from his seat when he sees me step outside Principal's office. "How did it go?"

"Just a warning for ditching school yesterday." I smile.