complete member

'it's called a band, because it holds you together forever'

Loud noises come out from inside my house and I can hear it perfectly from outside. There are two cars I never see in my life parking in front of my house.

I open the front door, and it's the monkey and his friends playing band.

"What's going on?" I shout.

Ben turns his head and smiles. "Heeeyyy. It's my daughter. Come here, we're rehearsing."

I frown at him and walk closer to the living room. Okay. I'm not going to freak out. The house is in a mess. Cables, beer bottles, McDonald's paper wraps are everywhere. But, the complete member of Violet Glints are in my living room. Ahhhh, and the handsome Tyler is in here too. I hate Ben and not a hardcore fan of his band but I like the band and the songs. They're good and the drummer is so so so handsomeeee.

Ben walks closer to me and grabs my hand, dragging me gently. "Everyone, meet Beatrice, my favorite daughter. And Beatrice, meet everyone which I believe you've known."

I pull my hand from his grip and nod at his friends.

"Hi, Beatrice. It's good to see you." Roland, the guitarist hugs me.

"He's a hunky man, but he's definitely a hugger and a hello-kitty heart man." Tyler explains his friend behavior.

"Man, I don't have hello-kitty heart." Roland shoves Tyler's shoulder playfully after release the hug.

"Yes, you do." Matt the bassist shouts while walking from the kitchen. "Hi, Beatrice. Sorry about your Mom."

I turn my head to see Ben. He's smiling at me.

"You knew my Mom?"

Matt nods, "we all did. She was our good friend, best friends."

I look at Tyler and Roland's direction; they nod with sad expressions on their face. They were friends with Mom. Judging by how excited they were when see me and the way they talked about Mom, they were really good friends.

"Well, may she rests in peace." Ben pats my back. "We have a gig in LA this weekend. Do you want to come?" Do I want to come? "No need to answer that now," it's like he can read my mind, "I bought you BigMac and fries in the kitchen. Go eat." He ruffles my head then takes a position in front of the mic.

I walk to the kitchen and put down my bag in the counter. My house is a typical suburban house. Cozy, not big but not that small. It was enough for me and my single Mom. I never knew Mom's job was. All I know, she busted her ass really hard to provide me and I don't have to spend summer to work or need part-time job because she provided me enough. And I never asked more like a teenager at my age. I saved my lunch money whenever Luke told me he wanted to go to the concert, and sometimes Luke was kind and royal to bought me the tickets.

I open the McDonald's brown bag. The BigMac is still warm, means Ben bought it recently. I take the bag and the cola and bring it with me to the sofa in the living room. I sit down and start to eat my burger while watching Ben and his friends rehearsing.

They sound exactly like in the CD or my Spotify. Ben really has a unique and great voice. As I chew my burger and fries, I imagine how nice it would be to hear his voice sings a lullaby to my seven-year-old self. Or how great it would be to be picked up at school by my father in elementary. But, like people say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Growing up without father definitely making me a tough and independent girl I am now.

I take out my phone and record it for a minute then send it to Luke. He must be jealous. My phone is buzzing immediately. I laugh looking at the notification.