final exam

"If I score an A on my bio, I'll treat you a fancy meal

"If I score an A on my bio, I'll treat you a fancy meal." Lexy says happily while putting her things on her bag.

Today is the last day of our session since the final week is starting next Monday. Lexy has been an amazing tutee. Sometimes Andrew joined us and we studied together. Sure, Troy gave me a glare whenever Andrew around but I calmed him down with the kiss afterward.

Lexy excuses herself. I open the Bio book and looking at the pictures then move to the next page to see the other pictures. I stumble at the genes chapter and something intrigues me. I remember I wrote a little trivia Mr. Roth told us in class about genes. My notebook is with Lexy as she still needs it to study for final and she already went home.

"Hey, beautiful." Troy's voice startles me, again.

I turn my head to see him pulling the chair next to me and sit on it.

"Stop doing that, otherwise you'll give me a heart attack one day."

"I thought I already did." He grins stupidly.

I roll my eyes and move my focus back to the bio book and read the chapter again.

"What are you reading?" Troy moves closer making his cheek graze mine.

"Wait."

I cup his cheeks with both of my hands and examine his eyes thoroughly.

"What are you doing?" He asks in his cute mumble voice since I cup his face a little too tight.

"Your Dad's eyes are brown, right?" Troy nods. "Your mother too?" He nods again.

"Why?"

"Nothing." I let go his face then look back at my Bio book.

"What is it, Prez?"

I turn my head and stare at his dreamy brown eyes. "My eyes are green, right?"

"Yes. The greenest if I must say."

"Hmmm." I nod then close my Bio book.

"What are you thinking?" He brushes my hair.

"Nothing to worry." I smile and put the Bio book into my bag. "Let's go home. I need to study to beat your score next week."

He laughs then gets up from his seat before giving me his signature smirk. "Well, a girl can dream."

Troy extends his hand and I hold it tight. We walk to the parking lot and I look up to the orange twilight sky. Mom once told me the importance of color in our life. How a slight spectrum of color can change our mood, our sight, even our life.

---

I walk out from my last exam and it was a hard one. Can you guess what subject my last exam was? Ding ding dinggg. You're probably correct, it's AP Chem. I'm smiling a little knowing the finals are done, and the burden has gone.