lots of lot

I wake up to a loud chattering noise downstairs. My door is closed the whole time. How many people are down there? I stretch out my arm to reach my phone. No new message, but my eyes went big anyway when I saw the time.

Crap. I'm overslept.

I kick the blanket immediately and run to the bathroom and take a very quick shower but still scrub my body from top to bottom thoroughly. I put on gray sweatpants and plain red tees. I run downstairs and there he is sitting perfectly with a black mug in his hand, talking and laughing with Luke and Matt.

"Ahhh the princess has woken up," my father grins from ear to ear.

"Good morning," Luke and Troy sing in harmony.

My father is wearing my unicorn apron while holding a ladle. A pot is boiling on the stove. What is going on?

"Um... morning?" I take a seat next to Luke.

"Breakfast will be ready soon. I hope you're hungry," my father stirs whatever it is inside the pot religiously. I don't even know he can cook.

Matt opens the cabinet and take five bowls and give it to each of us, leaving two stacked bowls for him and my father on the table. As we all watch Matt and my father's movement like some kind family sitcom on TV, I can feel Troy's smile never leave his face whenever he steals a glance at me.

"How's your sleep?" Troy asks me after Luke excuse himself to the bathroom upstairs.

"Fine. Nice, as usual." I shrug, try to hide my smile remembering our last night conversation.

"Oh, really?" A clear amusement spark in his voice. "No extraordinary sweet dream?"

"You wish Sullivan."

I take Luke's mug and drink his water, really try to hide my clear affection for my boyfriend. Not that I'm shy or embarrassed but I still don't want to be that kind of girl. It was embarrassing enough for me pulling an FBI girlfriend last night.

"By the way I had no idea about all this breakfast thingy with my family. I was going to take you to eat burger at Pier. I didn't even know that he can cook." I point at my father.

"Heeyyyy, I'm an excellent cook if you must know. You seemed exhausted, I didn't want to wake you up when your boyfriend arrived." My boyfriend. Why that words never fail to put a smile on my face? God... "Hey, I thought Pier burger is our special place." My father puts his left hand on his waist, trying to give us an attitude but it only makes me laugh because I can't really take him seriously with that unicorn apron hanging on his chest.

"Told you man, boyfriend will always come before father." Matt says jokingly.

I smack my head slowly and probably will not make it through the breakfast due to die from embarrassment. Troy on the other hand keeps his calm and laugh in sync with Matt.

"You know Mr. Stevens, you are welcome to our date."

"Oh my God." I groan and sink my head to the table.

"Uh, I'll definitely tag along that you wish you never said that."

Please, can the floor swallow me now?

Three of them are laughing so happily. I still hide my face on the table. Are all fathers out there this embarrassing?

"You are supposed to be cool." I say exhausted while lifting my head.

"I am cool. Safety cool."

"What? Is that even a- ugh. Where's the food? I'm hungry."

"Changing the subject. Nice try." My father lifts the pot from the stove and put it in the table. "Where's Luke?"