Chapter 6 Babysitting a god is not fun!

As I made my way to Frigga's room I realized that she was not at the table for lunch and dinner yesterday.

I did not remember her being sick or unwell so I decided not to worry too much.

I knocked on the door and she let me in. I got her dressed and she asked me to accompany her to the throne room.

I walked behind Frigga and as we walked in I saw that there were many people standing and talking.

As Frigga took her seat I stood slightly beside her. Odin stood up and announced "Today we will be deciding whether or not it is a good idea to release my son from his imprisonment."

Everyone sat there in silence. It seemed as if everyone was not pleased to here this.

"We will be having a vote." He continued "If any one cares to vote that Loki be freed he will. But I must add that the person who votes that he be freed ah how should I put this chaperone him. Oh yes and Frigga dear you are not to vote."

Frigga looking a little guilty looked away. When Odin looked away from her she looked at me with pleading eyes and I knew I was going to have to be the one to vote that Loki should be freed.

As Odin asked that any one who would like Loki to be freed to raise their hand I immediately raised my hand as high as possible without standing up.

Everyone looked at at me and Frigga basically leaped for joy when she saw me.

"So you are willing to watch over my son." Was all Odin said.

"Very well." He said taking a deep breath "When you release him put these on him." Handing me two gold bracelets.

I took them and made my way to the dungeons. On my way Frigga appeared beside me and hugged me.

"Thank you." She whispered "You have done me a huge favor.

"No problem." I whispered back "Glad I could do something to help you."

As I made my way to the dungeons I told the guards that the king had sent me and they let me past.

I walked into the cold dungeon and made my way to Loki's cell. When I got there he looked at me and smirked.

"Now what brings you down here dear?" He asked with a mischievous gleam in his eyes.

"The allfather has told me to tell you that you are released and that I am to put these bracelets on you." I said holding up the gold bracelets for him to see.

Loki smirked at me again then shrugged his shoulders. "Fine with me."

I unlocked the cell and walked in. Loki held out his hands and I clipped the bracelets on them.

Afterwards he immediately started to walk away.

"Wait!" I yelled trying to keep up with him "The allfather told me I was to look after you."

"Did he well good luck with that." He said turning the corner.

He walked into what I believed was his room and then slammed the door.

"Rude" I mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

He opened the door. I thought he was going to a least apologize but instead he smirked and laughed.

"Fine if you insist I will go to the library and you can watch me." He finally said.

As we walked to the library I started to pity his babysitter. He/She must have had their hands full.

We walked in and he immediately grabbed a book and lounged on the couch. I walked around to see if there were any books in English and I found a few.

After I grabbed a book I sat down near Loki and began to read occasionally looking up to see if he was still there.

When it was time for dinner we walked to the dining room silent.

When we got there the royal family greeted us.

"Hello son, it is wonderful to finally see you again." Said Odin calmly.

In return Loki glared at him and took his seat at the opposite end of the table.

Frigga sat next to Loki and I sat across from her. The meal was silent exept for the occasional whisper.

I was suddenly regretting agreeing to do this.

———————————————————————

I hope this chapter was okay. Please tell me if you spotted any grammar or spelling mistakes! Thanks for reading this chapter!😇