Chapter 4 Green, Snakes, NOOO!!

I walked up to Frigga's room because she had requested to stay in bed. When I handed her her food I could tell she had been crying.

"If it is okay for me to ask, what is troubling you?"I said quietly.

"It is fine, I just can't get over the fact that Odin won't release his own son from prison." She said and then suddenly burst into tears again.

I sat at her side and did my best to comfort her in her destress. I thought about Loki. Didn't he destroy half a city?

"Ma'am I do not mean any offense but didn't he destroy half a city?" I said aloud wanting to know how she can still cry real tears for him.

"Well yes but he was mind controlled by Thanos." She said in his defense.

Then I suddenly had a flashback to when I overheard the dark elves talking.

"Did he break out of the curse?" I asked.

"Yes he did but Odin still thought it was better to keep him locked up." She said sniffing.

"Is he in the palace dungeons?" I asked wanting to know as much as possible.

"Well yes he is...and I was wandering if you could accompany me to see him." She asked hopefully.

"Yes of course I will." I said not wanting to sadden her any more.

We walked down to the dungeons but we were stopped by guards. They told us that they could not let us in but when they saw the sad look in her eyes they had to.

The dungeons were dark and cold. I immediately wanted to leave. But instead I kept walking with Frigga.

As we walked I noticed that the deeper we got the colder it was. When we reached the end I saw a single cell and knew that the person in it was Loki.

I looked straight at him and saw that his eyes were forest green. I was mesmerized by them.

Then as I looked away I saw something I thought I would never see again...two intertwined snakes!!

He was the one who killed my family and the one to make my life miserable. I could not find myself to look away and could feel tears coming to my eyes. I did my very best to keep the tears in though.

I caught Loki watching me and put on my best poker face. I could not let HIM see me weak.

Then I saw him look at me closer as if he recognized me and then look at the snakes. Suddenly I saw a flash of understatement and did I see a little guilt?

I thought for a minute and realized he was mind controlled when he killed them so I felt a little better.

I could here Frigga talking to him it sounded like she was comforting him!

I look at him again when he is not paying attention and see that he apparently likes the color green just looking at his clothes and black.

He had black hair and obviously liked to read because of all the books around him.

I tried to hide myself in Frigga's shadow only to  draw more attention to myself. I saw Loki looking at me and I looked directly into his eyes. I quickly looked away and saw him smirk.

Wow good job Melody I say to myself I had successfully drawn more attention to myself.

As we walked out Loki turned to me again and said "Mortal girl what is your name?"

Not wanting to upset Frigga I answered "My name is Melody, your highness ."

He looked thoughtful and the picked up a book and started to read.

We walked out and for the first time since we walked in I looked at her. Her eyes had a new light in them...a hopeful light.

————————————————————————

Hope it was good! Sorry if it wasn't though. If you see anything that needs to be corrected tell me!😉