Chapter 16 Come to the dark side we have grapes!

At 5:50 I pounced out of bed. I had ten minutes to meet up with Frigga and I was not about to be late.

I put on a simple dress and sprinted down the stairs and ran into the library. When I was inside I found Frigga waiting for me.

"Hello dear!" She said smiling, "Are you ready?"

I nodded and than sat down next to her.

We began by talking about table manners and than by learning the proper poise. After about a hour of this I grabbed some breakfast and than decided to go on a walk.

As I walked around the outskirts of the forest I heard voices. They were quiet at first but as I walked deeper in the forest they got louder.

"How do we find her and get her on our side?" A voice asked and than I realized that it was Joe's voice.

Finally got better, didn't he? I thought to myself.

I leaned in closer to her what they were saying but fell forward into a clearing.

All the dark elves turned to look at me.

"Well look who it is." Joe said as if this happened every day. "Come! Have a seat!" Then he moved to the side and motioned for me to sit on a stump.

I sat down not knowing what else to do and frowned. Why was he suddenly acting like a civil being?

Before I could ask he was holding a bowl of grapes in front of me. I stared up at him confused.

He indicated that I should take some and of course I did.

"So.." He said casually, "We could really use someone with your skill on our side."

Wait was he asking me to join his army!?
That was a preposterous idea! I would never betray Frigga or anyone like that!

As I continued to eat the grapes (which I had forgotten were still there) I realized it never got anywhere close to empty. But why?

Noticing my confusion he told me that it was a spelled bowl so that anything (food, water, and stuff like that) put in it would never run out.

Without realizing it we were having a civil conversation. I totally forgot what I was doing there!

Then I realized what he was doing! It was his way of brainwashing me!

I immediately snapped out of it.

"I'm sorry but I have to be going!" I said hoping they would not try to stop me.

But of course they did. "Melody, Melody, Melody, what makes you think that we would simply just let you go?"

"This." I answered confidently. Then I commanded the wind to push them away and I watched as they went spiraling away.

Then I noticed I had sent them in the direction of the palace, with weapons in their hands.

————————————————————

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!! Please tell me what you think so far! If you see any mistakes or think I should add or subtract something please tell me!🙃