Chapter 3 The Royal Family

As we reached Asgard I saw a beautiful palace in my midst. I felt tears of joy well up in my eyes. I was finally free!

We ride up to the palace and I could see all the servants moving around. It was the most beautiful place I had ever seen!

We walk into the throne and my eyes fall on the allfather and the allmother Odin and Frigga.

I see that everyone is bowing so I curtsied as well as possible since I was wearing a T-shirt.

"What is your name child?" Frigga says with welcoming  happiness.

"Uhhh....hi my n..name is M...Melody...your highness." I say stumbling a bit.

" Oh Melody you have no reason to be afraid and dear please call me Frigga." She says kindly.

I smile and nod before I turn to Odin. He looks at me in a startling way. I quickly curtsie again and try not to make eye contact.

Before I could do anything I heard the quee...Frigga " I know that you have been through a lot but could you do the honor of being my handmaiden?"

I stood there. This would be a big honor " Yes! You highness I mean Frigga. Thank you so much!"I cried.

" No dear thank you you have done me a great favor!" She says obviously pleased.

Afterwards another handmaiden led me to the sleeping quarters.

On the way we were suddenly stopped by Thor. I immediately curtsied and greeted him. He looked at me and smiled... I mean literally smiled...AT ME!!

"You must be Melody, it is nice to finally meet you!" Thor said with a booming voice.

"And you must be Prince Thor" I say as I curtsied again.

We talked a little before the other handmaiden told me we should be going then I excused myself and followed her to the sleeping quarters.

When we get there I realize that Loki was Thor's brother. I wonder were he could be.

The other handmaiden was Elizabeth but she said I could call her Lizy if I wished. We became friends in almost a instant.

I told her of what happened at Midgard and she told me about her family.

Her dad was on of the warrior three called Fandral.

We listened to each other with great interest. We talked for about an hour till we decided we should get some sleep.

I crawled into bed and cried for everything I had lost and everything I had gained.

————————————————————————

The next morning I woke up and was told I was needed by the allmother. I remembered her warm smile and friendliness so I did not hesitate for one second.

When I got to her room I combed her hair and helped her take a bath.

Soon when Frigga was about to leave she asked me to accompany her. So I followed her to the throne room.

Inside the throne room I saw Odin and Thor sitting talking to some servants. Frigga walked up to her throne and sat down.

I looked around and relaxed that Loki was not among them. I mean he was Thor's brother which makes him part of the royal family.

I decided not to ask just in case it was personal.  Thor looks at me and we both smile. As I back myself next to Frigga's throne I feel Odins eyes on me.

" My wife and I have been talking and we decided to let you train with Lady Sif." He said looking at me like I should be on my knees weeping for joy and he looked almost offended that I was not.

" Thank you allfather I would f be honored." I say a little confused.

Suddenly the door burst opened and Lady Sif slips in.

" I am late I got a little sidetracked." Says Sif.

" No no it is fine you came just in time." Said Frigga.

Lady Sif walked up to me and spoke rather softly " You must be Melody. It is a pleasure to finally meet thee."

" The pleasure is all mine." I said in one breath.

We walked side by side to the training grounds were she measured me. Then she gave me a bow and arrow and we practiced targeting.

I managed to hit the target a few times but I knew I would need more practice. She would throw a apple core in the air and I would have to shoot it.

After thirty minutes of this she gave me a dagger and the took one for herself.

" Now we will be doing one on one combat." She said smoothly.

After a hour of blood and bruises she aloud me to go back inside to clean up. 

I walked into the bathroom and took a long, hot shower. When I was clean I bandaged a few wounds and went to tend to the queen.

I knocked and she greeted me as she opened the door. I told her that training was amazing and she seemed very pleased.

We talked for a little bit and I could her sorrow in her voice every time she would mention Loki.

After a while I get Frigga ready for bed. After I said goodnight I closed the door and went to my sleeping quarters to see my dress that I tore in training.

When it was about 10:45 I got ready for bed.