Chapter 13 Mjolnir how could you?

After I had finished my book I decided to go for a walk. I placed my book down and then proceeded to walk around the palace.

Then I noticed the palace was unusually quiet. I looked at the sun and saw that it was only 3:00 pm. Everyone must have been really tired.

Suddenly I tripped and landed flat on my face. I looked around to see if anyone saw me and thank goodness nobody did.

Then I looked to see what had caused me to fall and saw Thor's hammer Mjölnir .
What in the world is Mjölnir doing here?" I wandered and where was Thor?

Then I decided Thor probably forgot about it and left it here so I probably should take it to him.

Then I bent down scooped up Mjölnir and looked at it closely it had small writing on it, whoever holds this is worthy.

Worthy of what I wondered but was interrupter by footsteps coming down the hall.

I turned to see Thor standing there. His mouth was a gap and he had tears in his eyes.

"Mjölnir how could you?" He whispered.

I immensely felt uncomfortable and apologized.

"Dear Melody," He said "It is not you who should be apologizing but I."

I looked at him, confused, why would he apologize?

"I have placed a terrible burden on you," he continued, "Since you are worthy enough to pick up Mjölnir, you will become the next ruler of Asgard."

"But can't you still pick it up?" I asked.

"Alas I can not." He said simply "Once someone who is more worthy of I comes along before I become ruler that person is predestined to rule Asgard."

To prove is point he tried to pick up Mojör but failed.

"How am I supposed to rule Asgard?" I said as I began to weep "I do not know how."

"You will have help." Thor answered with confidence "I know you will."

After that he told me that I should probably tell Odin so I began my way to the throne room.

As I reached the double doors a feeling of dread washed over me. What would happen if he got angry that I might be the next ruler of Asgard, I a normal human, or so I thought.

—-—————————-——–——————

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. So you know I added the part about if you pick up Mjölnir you will be ruler of Asgard for a reason so....😉