25

Song: Grillabeats - Trapenese Beat

Midnight-blue eyes came in contact with moss-green ones as they stood opposite one another; the sharp blades only inches away from Haruka's neck. The captain looks on when his gaze flicker at the man behind the girl who gawks wide eyes whereas Toshizou appeared from the shadows his voice still echoing in the darkness. Hajime backed up to cut across the katana midair just as he replaces the object inside the scabbard.

"Action speaks louder than words," he remarked in a quiet voice.

He glares at the other gangster while moving off minutes passed along when everyone listens to Ryouma's choked cries. The older male amongst the group had weakened drastically after the death of his comrades. Hajime ignored the looks from both Harada and Shinpachi as they approached forth.

"I... I cannot deal with this anymore..." the lips trembling at the same time collapsing on the ground. "Haruka, I have to tell you something."

Hajime and the rest of the men survey the intense situation while Haruka did not turn or glance down at the weeping man. She was immobilized. The night wind brought an ominous chill while their vice-commander never budged from his spot closer to the ronin the expression contorted in a mixture of exasperation as well as mild exhaustion. Hajime decided to take the next shift to guard their little camp allowing the other male to take a breather.

"... We have been betrayed!"

The fourth captain focuses his attention to the ongoing drama to watch the man digging his fingers on the dirt in rage. His voice strained as he exploits the name that became a focal point of Haruka's attention. The female shifts a little to bestow a spine-chilling glare at her broken companion.

"I saw that bastard! during the time when we were getting cut down just like goats Oubu fucking scampers off with the rest of them!" Ryouma gritted his jaw while drool spills below. "He... even killed his own comrade that motherfucker... I swear on their lives if I find that boy, my blade will do more damage on his innards."

"It's not a surprise to me," Haruka finally spoke but in a low voice. "He was giving me a bad vibe ever since joining Amanozako. I knew then, he was calculating a move to vanquish me."

"Why did you not warn Raiku-sama?" he gasped. "Our men are about to be ambushed again!"

"There is nothing we can do right now," she snapped. "The two of us do not represent the Amanozako any longer."

"This is getting out of hand," Shinpachi rubbed the back of his neck. "So, we receive the latest information?"

"What do you know about Oubu?" Toshizou stepped forth.

"That guy never gave his oath to the Amanozako," Haruka flickers her gaze to the raven-head man. "I've caught him on multiple times watching me like a hawk but unable to do too much. The reason I never said much about this was simple; I do not wish to alarm him."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he does," Hajime inserted. "A spy is always one step ahead of you."

"A spy..." Ryouma parroted in an awed voice. "We had a spy beneath our noses all these while!"

"Which meant our group was constantly on the stakeout," Haruka continued. "Oubu could leave without either one of us catching up to his gist."

"So, what does this mean?" Harada stood with a hip cocked concentration etched on his face. "Where does this link us?"

"I don't know," Haruka crossed her arms. "But I did not know Oubu was part of a yakuza member."

"This is fucked up," Shinpachi cussed in disgust. "Everything falls into place in that temple a perfect opportunity when Ibuzu-san requested your team to help."