40

Song: Grillabeats -Sakura

Haruka's body temperature rocketed to a feverish degree incorporated with the agony from the bleeding wound, she watches in a state of shock just then, the gangster was assaulted by another mind-numbing feeling. Eyes bulging wide as the bloody blade twists cruelly tearing off her flesh before it slides out from behind.

"Aaaaargh!" Haruka hissed, as well as, yelled out.

From the corner vision, Haruka sensed a movement her frame hunched forward and knees weakening rapidly because of blood loss. The person standing in front of her was staring back accompanied by a victorious smirk, yet, Haruka was not surprised by the betrayal. She had known for some time back, he was not a man worth her grit of trust.

"I, Oubu, killed the notorious Haruka," he spat, stepping closer so their reflections were visible on one another's eyes. "Imagine the fame I will be receiving, Amanozako, has lost their only "weapon". Haruka, do you have any last words you wish to depart to your precious Ryu before we execute every one of them?"

Even though Haruka was swaying on the verge of death's doorstep, her piercing gaze rattles her opponent. The upper lip tilted in a menacing scowl as blood spurt from her mouth. Collapsing on her knees, Haruka gripped onto the front of the kimono while sounds of footstep traverse beyond her figure.

The raindrops washing off the blood, yet, her life was quickly vanishing Haruka's breathing became erratic as her visions were blurring. Blonde tress plastered to her scalp and covered most of her vision. Once and for all, her journey ends here. She spied their soles finally vanishing out of sight, but another set of footstep appeared hurriedly and a familiar figure dropped in front of her showcasing a disbelief feature.

"HARU!" Ryouma's gut-wrenching howl ricocheted the vicinity, the man clutched onto his head with both hands. "MY HARU! WHAT HAVE THOSE BASTARDS DONE TO YOU?!"

"R... Ryou... ma..."

"N-NO!" Ryouma rocked his body back and forth caterwauling. "I cannot go on like this! I will avenge your death-"

"No..." Haruka shook her head slowly feeling the energy seeping away. "Hide... Oubu... H-he walks with the... yakuza..."

Ryouma gently cradles Haruka's wet cheeks not realizing her tears of disappointment intermingling with the raindrops. She won't be the person teaching Ryouma's children in sword training or, learn to let go of the past. Waking up every morning without looking behind her shoulder for enemies; walking along the streets excluding a weapon on her sides. Living a peaceful life beyond the hills, admiring the sunset in the evening.

The rain began to ease just a little, Haruka's hand reaches out shakily to latch onto the front of the mourning man's kimono before dragging him forward haphazardly. The dying girl whispers her last wish just as she carefully took off the pair of blades strapped to her waist.

"Please..." she spoke in a slur as the area seemed more blurry than before. "Ryouma, promise me, you will live a better life for me?"

"Yes," he bent closer to kiss on her forehead. "I've always thought of you as my daughter, Haru, I am proud to have a strong leader like you and forgive yourself, too."

In return, Haruka bestowed him a carefree smile magnifying her serene profile she was finally free from the ruthless clutch that was her life. When Ryouma vacated the area, she collapsed onto the ground. Oddly, a young lad found her body dazedly glancing up at the night sky. He hunched beside Haruka to place her head onto his lap and nuzzle her cheek before the infamous gangster passed away, Haruka's beautiful eyes flickered to the clear pathway as the two of them were in the middle of the street.