10

The night tide was pleasant as a mild flurry airflow flitter by, townsfolk concourse in between the thriving avenue

The night tide was pleasant as a mild flurry airflow flitter by, townsfolk concourse in between the thriving avenue. Implanted stalls on opposites side hawked for spotlights. Delighted children accompanied by their parents; ecstatic friends clustered in either large or small entourage engrossed by the simple game sections. Desserts sold every minute and the ambience was light-hearted.

Several priests lumped together to bask in the activity. In the thick of the human confluence the third captain diddle side by side. Early afternoon, he had visited Souji whose morose frame of mind relapse him into a challenging company. Just as Hajime had presupposed, the affected man determinedly set out to retreat to the headquarters.

Thereafter Hajime's return to the quarters, he hunts down Hijikata to report on their constricted chichat yet, he respected Souji's choice. If he was able to set aside his diseasedness for loyalty at that moment, Hajime made the compromise to execute as the lookout for the first captain's back. The diversification of their judgement for shinsengumi. For the most part, the teal haired male single minded ambition-to be the beholder of Hijikata's elated countenance as the man's lifeblood counted on the aspiration to emerge as a significant police force.

Cerulean eyes glance about the setting; straw sandals peeked through his jet-black kimono from movement and the trademark shawl coiled loosely. Heisuke's division was set on guard during eve hours within the temple estate. The off-duty officer's bland profile garnered odd looks in contrast with the upbeat atmosphere and a waste of his blessed good-lookings. He exhaled in a quiet sigh, the male dropped by the festival with a mission etched into his brain; shrugged off any accumulated stress.

In addition, the familiar blue and white stripe coat swam into his periphiral vision. A tall and rugged captain, who waved a hand in the air when his path connected to Hajime and grinned.

"Shinpachi," Hajime greeted in a low tone.

"Yo, Hajime!" his comrade echoed in a boisterous vocal range. "Are you enjoying the festival?"

"Sort off," Hajime remarked in a slightly bored voice.

"What kind of reply is that?" Shinpachi murmured in aghast at the same time fidgetted with the band strapped on the forehead.

An audible snort drifted from Hajime due to the other's perplexed countenance. He paraphrases the answer, to which Shinpachi nodded and literally shook Hajime's frame from the shoulder pat.

"I will be on my way now," Hajime rearrange the ivory shawl.

"Good, good," Shinpachi sighed, a sign of exhaustion. "Time for Hajime to take a break."

Last night's foray became the final straw when Shinpachi had to do with their vice commander's disciplinary lecture. The rebellious captain broke the rules yet again. Hijikata stayed up for the very drunkard male just as the crack of dawn, a figure dragged along toward the headquarter.