38

Haruka was shoved to the ground in a heap of arms and legs, she asked in horror at the black kimono material slashed in half by a sharp blade. Heart hammering behind her chest, Haruka heard Hajime hissing at the same time, clutching onto the wound. Her wide orbs shifted to focus on the newcomer when recognition slammed.

Shimura Gyo.

On the other side, Shinpachi pulled out his katana in a fit of rage. In the meantime, the terrified priest stumbles on his feet when he caught sight of the tall captain advancing onto him. A cold wave of ambience washes over Haruka, her brain reeling from the fact that her prey was standing in her visual sight.

"S-shit!" Shimura stammered backpedalling as the blade wavers midair.

"Wait!" Haruka screeched just as Shinpachi slices at the pathetic human being. "I want him."

Both Shimmering and Haruka collided their gazes; blind panic interfused with cold fury. When Yukio best a hasty retreat collecting dust the figure soon vanishing off sight. Meanwhile, the second captain almost followed suit until Hajime's terse voice stops him in the middle of a run once again.

"Wait, Shinpachi," Hajime glances at the man before peering at the gangster.

"We're wasting time!" Shinpachi yelled in frustration. "He's escaping as we speak-"

Before Shinpachi had the ability to finish his sentence, Haruka broke out into a run every step borrowing speed. The discomfort of her injury was set at the back burner, one hand curling around the ragged grip of the sword. Lips curling upward in a fierce scowl, while her forest-green orbs flashing in hatred for the person.

"SHIMURA!" her gut-wrenching scream echoes alongside the curving alleyway. The quiet structure of the building gives off an eerie vibe.

The beat of her wooden clogs on the earthen flooring, blonde strands fluttering madly by the wind. Above the head, lightning flickers in an ominous sign and the low rumble of the thunder. Eventually, the girl caught sight of the figure up ahead. Shimura peeks over his shoulder, overhearing another footstep gaining and topples over. He struggles to his feet and takes off.

Resentment and sorrow enable Haruka to keep up when he disappears into a huge establishment they've entered onto an unfamiliar territory of the town. The shouts from townfolks we're more audible while Haruka pauses to inhale oxygen inside her hurting lungs. Normally, she could operate without feeling sort of body issue. But for now, this was as far as she could race and glances at the surrounding.

Just then, Haruka saw a lantern hanging by a hook as the ember glow flickers from inside the dome-shape glass. An idea struck her, picking up the heavy object by the tip of the sword the rogue female walks inside listening to every little creak created within the darkening section. Illuminated by the flame allowing her to view the surrounding; papers were stacked atop the surface of a table.

They must be inside a printing factory just as she came face to face with the bastard-Shimura Gyo. A blade focused towards her, the state of his wavering eyes showcasing his mental state. After months of trailblazing, Haruka was confronting the person whom she had promised to avenge for the rest of her comrades.

"S-stand back!" he screeched in deafening voice.

Haruka acted forward just as Gyo bellowed and swung the blade in a psychotic manner. She halts midstep, all of a sudden, his eyes became round as a saucer when he realizes Haruka's suicidal strategy. She swung the arm that clutched onto the katana with the kerosene lamp when Haruka borrows speed to slam the waving object against a bare wall. The acrid smell followed by the suspicious crackling noise of flames licking up the wooden structure.