30

Song: Tsuki - Eruku & Moonbeat

In the meantime, the crossroad teamed with a group of samurai including two females; Haruka observed the shadowy pathway. The four of them decided to stand in the middle of the street just in case someone popped up from the village. In her hand, the katana weighs heavy the gangster had taken the time to learn about the craftsmanship from Hajime who was admirably well-versed about weapons.

She had learnt the name of her blade as well; sukehiro. But the katana was back at the Shinsengumi headquarter feeling barren without her sword strapped to the waist. An owl hooted on a branch as Koizumi paced back and forth in front of them, once in a while her troubled gaze observing the quiet streets while Shinpachi adopted a blank expression.

The tall male casually folded masculine arms over bare chest he did not budge from his position; hip cocked sideways. All of a sudden, they heard noises and Haruka alongside the rest of them were alerted. At the distance, they caught glimpses of figures racing blindly as if demons licked their feet from behind.

"They're here," Shinpachi pulled out his sword.

"Fuck!" one of the ronins skidded on his slippers.

His terrified peepers in the shape of a China teacup saucer roamed over their forms before several more joined him, opposite the stunt male all four of them got into position. Feeling restrained by the sudden turn of event the heaving bastard alongside his runaway mates pointed their swords at them.

"I wonder what may have transpired at the town," Shinpachi's sentence was a contradiction with his amused smile.

"Where do you think you're going?" Koizumi dropped the question beside Haruka who remained unmoving.

Both Shinpachi and Hajime stood at the front to guard them out of nowhere, on each sides brushes and leaves began to rustle. The gangsters realized too late a trap had been set up, more individuals poured out to encircle their hides.

"Argh!" one of them committed suicide by slicing his neck.

"S-shit!" his startled comrade spurted incoherently.

"What do we do now?" Hajime didn't lift his gaze from their captives.

"Here," Haruka gave up the blade to a befuddled Koizumi, her brows drawn tight. "You will need this."

"What?" she gasped taking a step backwards.

"Your words, you want to be a leader for these people might as well act like one," Haruka grabbed onto Koizumi's hand to shoved the shaft forcing her to wrap gentle fingers around it.

"But it is yours, Haruka, I know you feel awkward without a blade," Koizumi shook her head.

"I prefer mine, I'm attached to the old one which is back at the headquarter," she explained before moving away. "Now, what is your decision for them?"

Koizumi's eyes wavered the sheen of tears visible at the same time, she put on a rigid expression. The beautiful lady of the night walked forward to point the tip of the blade at the furious band of men. Whereas, Shinpachi and Hajime stood on either side to protect her.

"Tie them up to make sure they don't have the chance to commit seppuku," she replied in a sharp voice after a minute of contemplation.

"Yes!" the loyal followers proceed to do the bid.

"Now, the tables have turned," she continued at the same time glaring at the person in front of her.

"Fuck yo-" he attempted to spit at the woman until his eyes widen when Haruka sauntered over.