28

Song: Shakuhachi - Japanese Type Beat

The band of samurai were relocated to a tiny hut situated further from bird's eye view as if its structure was built to hide away. During their first stay, all of them including a selected of men and women aided to clean the area. In quiet interest, Hajime was educated about the inner world of gangsterism and their code of rule. The majority rebelled the regulation organized by a powerful society; yakuza.

Similar to the war between daimyo as well as corporal groups their fragile position to rise up the rank. He began to acknowledge the driving thirst to be on top and not be lead by a team leading to their demise. Up in arms with the war, all of them failed to take notice of men and women were also prepping.

A flicker of the crackling flame creates an eerie shadow dancing over the wall while a small pot bubbling with meat above the heat. Ryouma stirred once in a while sometimes taking a measured sip before adding several concoctions for an appealing taste.

The brief tranquillity was a disguise as they accommodate under the same roof whereas Haruka gave pins and needle aura. Hajime, as well as his comrades, were on edge their minds drifting over to the Shinsengumi Headquarter it was only a matter of days. The male sighed for the umpteenth times, he glances out at the full moon hanging low when her jade-green eyes peeking from beneath the bangs collided with his own.

Without a word, Hajime exits from the hut quietly since both Shinpachi and Harada were snoring aloud and Toshizo never budges from the window lost in his gloomy thought. He stares at Haruka who pulls out a small pouch from the lapels and hands it over to him while Hajime looks at the sack in confusion.

"What is this?" he muttered glancing at her blank expression.

"That is medicine to help control TB," Haruka explained.

"Medicine?" Hajime frowned a little but stares at the other intensely. "You mean for tuberculosis?"

"Hm," Haruka nodded once shifting on her side to observe the surrounding forest. "This town has its own supplies when Koizumi related to me, I was not sure but enquired about an antidote for TB."

"Oh," Hajime's heart beat faster and louder tightening his grip on the little packet.

"They gain supply from the Western counterpart," she dropped the bomb.

A flare of pride overcame Hajime who stretched his hand towards Haruka cobalt-shade eyes glint in fury. He waits for the other to grab the packet shoving it inside the lapel. She never uttered a word, in fact, the female was mindful of their righteous outlook instead, Haruka saunters off into the darkness.

Hajime sighed from mental exhaustion, he took off the ivory scarf to allow cool draft caressing his skin. The male takes a second gander at Haruka, she places one hand against the ribcage where the injury had happened. The wound was still fresh, yet, the girl had a persistent soul to match forward.

"Oi! Dinner is ready!" Ryouma calls out to them.

When Hajime flicker his gaze to view an empty space where the gangster had been ambling earlier. He heaves a sigh instead walks toward the pitiful hut placing his sandal outdoor amongst the rest and proceeds inside. The captain sipped the proffered soup accompanied by a jug of alcohol and meat, the four of them were surprised when Ryouma turns out to be a decent cook. Yet, not a sign of Haruka, she would disappear at times until Hajime thought about the packet of the medicinal herb for Souji.

"Saito-san, whatever your intention that you have for Haruka still not turn out well," the elderly male spoke in a low voice. "This past week, I observe both of you."