26

Song: Vindu - Japanese Spring

The lawless town brimming with shady beings taking a stroll beneath a row of glowing lanterns. Lights illuminating the streets in a brilliant aura while hawkers selling an array of goods while farmers returned home with income deep in their pockets. A rural place still untouched by the grubby hands of the government or shadowed by the war.

A lake ran through in the middle of the district erecting bridge for people to cross over. The yakuza hadn't decided to chose this specific location although Haruka wouldn't bet too much on it that there might be talking about governing this section.

It was a chaotic venue both Ryouma alongside Haruka showcased their tattoos after a hectic journey from one location to another, learning little by little about the person they set out to hunt. Walking side by side with the Shinsengumi captains they definitely garnered attention especially Harada and Shinpachi because of their heights.

Haruka tied up her flaxen-shade tress in haphazard half-knot passing random judgment at whoever passes along, just then, a commotion suddenly erupted from behind. She threw a casual glance over a shoulder to spy Shinpachi facing down with a stranger if there was one thing Haruka had learned about her bunch of companions they represented hot-blooded male in general. Being the first in line to fight and the last to leave brothel house reeking from alcohol while their vice-commander gave them an earful, yet, an underlying concern palpable from the rigid man.

"Oi, watch 'are ya goin'!" a pissed male yelled.

"I'm sorry, the place is too crowded eventually bumping against one another," the second in command captain raised both hands in front of him.

"You apologized but your eyes say otherwise!" the other rebelled.

The said person jerked his head at Toshizou a wary smile etched on the handsome face whereas the other plastered on an annoying feature. As the days go by, Toshizou had trouble containing his anger, perhaps, on the edge.

"I have already apologized what else do you want?!" Shinpachi began to bristle when his close buddy walked over.

"Let's go, Shin," Harada dragged him off by dropping a strong arm around the neck. "There's no time to waste."

Haruka flickers her gaze at Toshizou who never move a muscle as if he had an inkling of what was to come next, on cue, Shinpachi dove beneath Harada's arm. The tall captain proceeds to ram a mighty fist on his prey who kept a steady pace on harking continuously in a loud voice eventually drawing an unnecessary crowd of onlookers. Just a punch on the face he was knocked out cold while murmurs from the rest resumed at the same time throwing glances at their direction.

"I already apologized, you bastard," Shinpachi muttered while flexing his arm.

"I have a headache," Toshizou said in a draining voice.

But Haruka took her time, she peered at the fallen male when his haori shifted to bare a clean chest unless a tattoo was hidden someplace else he posed no real threat. Just then, Hajime halted by her side to observe the small band of men attempting to carry their friend off.

"What's the matter?" Hajime turned to look at her.

"Nothing," she mumbled before trailing after the men.

"Let's take a rest," Harada sighed wearily. "I want to soak in a warm bath."

"There might be a bathhouse somewhere," Ryouma glance at his surrounding.

"Vice-commander, I see an inn," Hajime points out a finger.

"Saito-kun, you will share a room with both Haruka and Ryouma," Toshizou informed when an idea had struck him.