~Chapter twenty~

A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Lucy's POV

I heard some noises. I was feeling close to conscious. I felt warmth, something I shouldn't be feeling. My eyelids felt so heavy I couldn't open them at all.

I only managed to open them for a spilt second. I couldn't make out my surroundings. It was all blurry to me. I saw something pink and a suit.

"We... leave," I heard a voice say. I felt something powerful before it disappeared. I fell asleep again.

After probably one hour I woke up again. I rubbed my eyes. I opened my eyes, finding myself in a cave, wondering how I landed here.

I didn't remember walking towards a cave and falling asleep. I saw a fire, keeping the cave lit up and warm. I walked closer to the fire. I stuck out my frozen hands.

It gave me a pleasurable feeling. Somewhere I knew the pink one I saw earlier was Natsu and the suit one was either Loki or Capricorn.

I saw a note sticking out under some rocks. I picked it and read it.

Dear Lucy,
We managed to take you to a somewhat safer place. Please be careful, the trip you're taking is dangerous. You don't need to waste energy. Some spirits are ready for you. Just shout out their name. They are: Loki, Virgo, Aries, Horologium and me, Natsu.

If you want to I can follow you till you're out of the mountains :)

I smiled at the note. I looked outside the cave and saw that the snow has lessened. The sun shone a little through the clouds.

But it was still extremely cold. I saw a Ps note.

Virgo left some clothes for you. Look down.

I looked down and saw some warm clothes on some rocks. I put them immediately on and sighed. That felt a lot better.

I looked at my magic compas and map. It says I was near the end of the mountain. Just five more miles.

Then I realized something. "Couldn't you guys have brought me to the temple?" I yelled to nobody. No answer, as expected.

I grabbed my food from my backpack and began eating the sandwich I made. Then I walked outside, ready to continue my trip.

I didn't want to call Natsu. He was always there for me. He helped me a lot in those times. I wanted him to rest for a while. No worries on his shoulders.

I began jogging forward, getting the warmth of the adrenaline. Within one hour I managed to make it out of the mountain part. Sue me and my bad stamina. One hour for five miles, pathetic isn't it?

(This would be totally me XD)

But I had to go through headwind and a thick layer of snow.

Now the forest. I walked slowly through it, getting my breath back. There is a clear line between the mountains and the forest. One side is cold and dark, the other is light and warm.

Magic was definitely involved.

I dressed out of the warm winterjacket and sighed in relief. I was sweating like hell.

I heard snakes or other animals everywhere, but couldn't locate a damn single thing.

Soon Natsu appeared in front of me, a frown on his face. "Why didn't you call me for the last five miles? I could have been useful," he said.