~Chapter twenty five~

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Nobody's POV

The boss jumped back after attacking Lucy, making her black out. Natsu's eyes widened as he immediately ran to her. The boss sighed distastefully. "And my subordinates were taken out by her?" he said it as if he doesn't believe that she could.

He watched as Natsu went to Lucy and kneeled down. "Lucy," Natsu whispered. He put his arms behind her back and lifted her up a little bit. He could still hear the beating of her heart, only softly. She had used too much energy.

"Yo, Pinky haired guy," the boss began, placing his arms on his hips. "Why don't you join us? You could become much stronger and she is just some obstacle to you."

Hearing the boss talk so low about Lucy made his blood boil. But he chose not to react, not now. Lucy was more important.

Natsu hugged her tightly. "This shouldn't have happened," he stated for only her to hear, if she can hear him at all. "I should have given my best and you wouldn't have to lift up a single finger. Now you pay the price. Lucy... what am I going to do with you?"

The response he got was Lucy's head falling to the side. The boss was screaming at him for a while, but Natsu didn't understand a single word. "Yo, Pinky, I'm talking to you!" the boss said, looking at them, thinking one thing.

Pathetic.

Natsu ignored him again and adjusted his hands on Lucy's back. He brought one hand to the back of her head. He kissed her forehead slowly, "Hang in there, I'll finish him off. I won't let him touch you anymore."

Then he carefully placed Lucy against the wall and turned around. The boss was waiting with his arms crossed. Natsu raised his eyebrow, surprised he waited at all. I mean, he was all open and he could have finished him.

Well, not finished, Natsu was still on guard of course. Natsu clenched his fist and flames appeared all on his body. "You hurt someone you didn't want to hurt," Natsu said lowly. His clothes were going with the flames' rhythm as if the fire was wind.

The boss laughed. "Because?"

As a response he got a fist in the face. He stumbled back but Natsu didn't stop there.

He began punching him with his fist. He took out all of his anger on the punched he was giving. At one point the boss caught his hands and kicked Natsu to the wall.

Natsu rolled in the air before he crashed into the wall. He came out, more scratches on his body but his expression didn't change. He was on one knee and leaned on it to support himself.

He tried to catch his breath, his body aching more and more by the minute. The boss speeded up to stand before Natsu and punched him to the ground before he could stand up.

He stood on his legs and kicked him hard in the back. He changed into a gorilla or whatever and kept hitting him.

At one point Natsu even spitted out blood. He didn't see a movement of him anymore. The boss walked away, smiling proudly at his victory, or so he thought.

His eyes widened when he heard him moving. He slowly turned his head over his shoulder, seeing him slowly standing up.

"I won't give up now," he breathed out.

He could feel it.

The power he was getting just now, and only one thing was the cause of it. He clenched his fist as there became some sharp claws, not fully claws but still some.

His eyes turned fierce and red as his hands and a part of his face turned into scales. Only one reason. It was past midnight and today is Sunday.

"I'm sorry, Lucy, I'm killing him," Natsu said when he was still in his right mind. The boss's eyes widened in disbelief, his legs betraying the goosebumps that appeared. He couldn't believe what he saw.

The appearance of a demon.

But it was too late to move because Natsu had already started his move. He kicked him in his most vital points, punched him everywhere and used every single spell he knew. The man didn't stand a chance anymore, not when Natsu was this way.

The man was already dead but it still wasn't enough. He set the whole temple on fire, only some things remained untouched. Natsu destroyed the walls, even the floor he couldn't break before.

He screamed so loudly, it was a cry. He saw Lucy on the ground and walked to her. The ground around her wasn't touched by the fire, but as Natsu started moving towards her he could see the fire coming closer to Lucy.

He stopped abruptly, his eyes widening, "Damn it!" he said as he let out a loud scream of rage.

He began destroying everything again, forgetting the blocks could fall on Lucy. He heard a voice in his head. It became bigger and bigger, and finally he could hear the words.

The words she spoke: stop, Natsu.

Of course Lucy wasn't saying that literally, but Natsu could feel she would say that.

He only had one option before destroying everything. He never thought he would shout out his name.

"Leo!" he shouted, watching as he appeared from the Celestial world. He saw Natsu appearance and shook his head. "I almost forgot about that," he mumbled.

The silence between these two was overwhelming. But you could hear the fire on the background. Natsu closed his eyes and counted to ten.

"Leo, get Lucy and bring her to safety. Also, get the plants," Natsu told him firmly. It took him every little strength in his veins to control himself.

Leo nodded, careful to not piss him off. Even he knows the danger he is in this form.

Till his utter shock Leo saw a tear rolling down on Natsu's face.

"I don't want her to hurt because of me," he said, his voice cracking. He knew his control would get out of hand soon.

So he had to leave.

"I get it," Leo said lowly before Natsu disappeared to the Celestial world. Leo grabbed Lucy and plucked the plant before running Lucy to safety. They found themselves in the desert again. Loki brought her to an oasis and placed her down.

He grabbed a cloth from his pocket and dipped it in the water, soaking it. He cleaned up Lucy's wounds and after he was done he sighed.

He lifted Lucy on his back and began walking. It was a whole way back but staying in the desert wasn't much of an option.

Natsu was watching Leo walk through the River of Sight. In the Celestial world he had more control of himself. It didn't take away his short temper and appearance though.

He clenched his hands at the sight of these two. He didn't even know why. Lucy needed Leo now, she was unconscious and Leo could help her.

More than Natsu could now. But he didn't know why he was jealous. Maybe because he didn't want to share her with anyone? Because he was overprotective of Lucy maybe?

Anyway, Natsu was scared to find out the answer to that. He didn't want this now or anytime soon.

He put his hands together and blew in them. "Maybe some day, I can protect you to the fullest," Natsu whispered as he closed his eyes.

__________________________________________________________

Shout out to MyAfrifaMe ! Thanks for reading this book till now! Gosh I'm so thankful for that! You're amazing!

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! Leave a comment on the side and vote maybe☺️

I think I'll be the proudest on this book when it ends. It was the hardest to write. But it give me a challenge :)

I'm not that happy about this chapter but even so I don't know how to make it good. Help me guys, give me plots, moments, whatever I can add. Sorry for the short chapter...