~Chapter twenty nine~

The pessimist complains about the wind, the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjust the sails.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Nobody's POV

"I want something," the Celestial King said.

"Yeah? What do you want? Whatever you want, I'll get it. Whatever you need me to do, I'll do it. In exchange for my humanity and security I won't die."

Mustache man crossed his arms. "It's actually quite simple. I want assurance you won't turn into the monster deep inside you. If you can't promise me that, then I won't even consider turning you back."

Natsu was shaking, his hands clenched as he looked defeated. "I can't promise that!" he screamed, his voice carrying through the woods. He fell on his knees and punched the ground repeately. "Why does everyone asks the impossible of me? Why is it so hard to let me be human again?"

Lucy bent down and embraced Natsu, stroking his back as comfort. Lucy knew it was helpless, no matter her friendship with mustache man, he would follow his own rules and law.

"Why am I a threat?" Natsu suddenly piped up.

"It's not my place to tell. Just remember, there is a darkness in your heart that you must not let out. If you do, it will be the end."

"I promise!" Lucy suddenly shouted.

Natsu looked at her shocked. He was speechless, and even Loki didn't know what to say.

"Make Natsu human again, and if this so called darkness comes out I'll take full blame," Lucy said and pointed at her chest.

"Woah, Lucy, you can't. I'm not your responsibilty," Natsu tried to reason her.

"Shut up, Natsu. I'm doing this for you. You better not die on me."

Lucy looked at the Celestial King. "Do we have a deal?"

"I don't enjoy your pain, old friend, but I must do everything in order to protect my realm. It's a no. Even if you will take full blame when it happens, what's done is done. He will destroy everything."

"What makes you special to have the right to decide who to be a spirit or a human? It isn't fair that someone has the power to do that."

"Lucy," Loki hissed. "I should start negotiating before he disappears."

Lucy shot him an annoyed look. As if she didn't know that.

"What about this: Natsu will turn human again but he is still under your watch."

Mustache man subtly raised an eyebrow. "I'm listening."

"Turn Natsu human again, only he will have all the trait he now has. Sunday being the day he turns into that. But you can still watch over him and everything. The only difference is that Natsu won't be living in the Celestial world again. If he becomes a threat you can pull him back to the Celestial world."

He lifted his hand to his chin, thinking about it. "Well..."

Natsu grimaced at the suspence he is purposely making.

"It's a deal, my friend."

Both Lucy and Natsu shot up, a disbelieving look on their faces. "If this is a joke again, old man, I swear to death--" Natsu began.

Mustache man bent down through his knees and slammed one hand on the ground, palm flat against the soil. A bright line shone. Loki, Natsu, Lucy and Happy began blocking the light out with their hands, groaning about it being too bright.