Revelations (rewritten)

POV the courier

Megaton, this was different, a city built of scrape form around a non-exploded bomb, it's a tribute to mankind's survival. the lone wanderer was just ahead of us, the light shining off the power armour. 

they waved over to a few people, Lucy was excited looking at the new place, she looked around ready to explore, to find new places.

the lone wanderer brought us to their house, meeting us at the door was a Mr. Handy, Wadsworth. "may I take your coat?" 

I looked the robot down. "Touch my coat and I'll dismantle you," ED-E buzzed behind me. the lone disappeared into a room up the stairs, Lucy took some water from Wadsworth, why a looked at a stand full of bobbleheads. 

"I spent months collecting all of those," I turned to see the wanderer, she wasn't what I was expecting. her hair was a dark red, which could almost be mistaken for brown or black, and she wore a slightly tattered vault suit, it had leather crisscrossing it with a shoulder pad, and her eyes were almost an unnatural light blue.

I went to say something but heard snoring, the wanderer stopped on the stairs and we both looked at Lucy who had curled into a chair and fallen asleep. "well she sleeps easily," 

"It's a nice house you've got," I said. 

"no, it's not, but it's mine, got it from a disarming bomb," she added. "you want a drink?" 

ED-E floated over parking over Lucy, to show that she'll be fine if he does. "Sure anywhere interesting?" 

the lone wanderer went to a locker and retrieved a small 10mm pistol. "Gobs, it's as nice as you get here," 

the walk didn't take long until we reached the bar, it was busy inside, and understaffed, with only Gob maning it, well the only one serving drinks, the woman standing near the stairs was doing a completely different job.

we took a seat at the bar, and waited for Gob to be free. "So the Mojave, what it's like?" the wanderer asked. 

"Hot as hell," I answered. "what was it living here?" 

"Hell, mixed with a bit of fun," She answered. "and all that before I left the vault," 

I looked at her. "you lived in a vault?" 

"Didn't? I thought because of the pipboy..." 

"I get that, it was a gift, I didn't grow up in a vault, well I don't think I did," I answered. 

"you don't think? can you not remember?" the wanderer asked. 

"nope, had a run-in with a bullet, anything from before that day is a blur," I answered. 

"Damn," the wanderer said, Gob came over. "hey Gob, the normal for me, and a whisky for my friend,"

"Good guess," I said. "how much?"

Gob shrugged. "For the wanderer, on the house," he said walking away again to get the drinks, as he did someone grabbed my shoulder.

"you're in my seat," the man's voice growled. 

the lone wanderer looked over her shoulder and scoffed. "these idiots," she muttered. "do you want me to?" 

I shook my head. "Move on Partner," I said to the man. "ain't no man here when I got here," 

something pressed into the back of my head, cold and steel. "I said that's my..." I kicked the stall out from under me and into him, moving before he could fire, I turned and pulled my revolver, and shot the gun out of his hand.