5.0

Nassiah

  I was exhausted, I didn't know why I couldn't sleep I just couldn't. I was uneasy and had to much on my mind. I spent half the night talking to Tash about everything and nothing at the same time. She eventually fell asleep, I couldn't no matter how many hot showers or stuff I did to make me tired: nothing.

  But it was my first day at the shop, business classes were boring as hell. I had to study and actually learn stuff- I thought online you could look everything up and just pass you know? I walked in and my uncle old ass was holding himself up in that walker surprisingly. "You're late" he bitched as I took a seat at the front desk,he had me go through files- had them all at the desk like I was really going to do it. Yeah mother fucking right. I started looking at the first few so I could find stuff out, like my uncles middle name Morgan -bad ass middle name.  I also found out his social security card. If I ever got fat I could take his money; didn't plan on gaining weight  though. I could tell he was getting worse from last time I saw him because he looked more tired. Sad he really was dying- I mean people die everyday but damn.

I should've never came back to this shop, should've just found a whole nother job but that would've been harder. This shop was just full of a lot of memories, and was going to get me caught up. Realistically I never thought how if I never messed with Lacey my ass could've still been hundred of miles away from this place. I already knew how the day was looking I had my old business to run- papas freezeria and cheezeria needed me. I also needed Tas'hania to bring me lunch at 1:00. She worked from home, her wigs really made her profit now but that made it easier for me also because I didn't need to hire a sitter. She made wigs and watched Phaorah when I was out. The door swung open and I practically felt myself want to shrink- it was just a customer so technically I was scared for no reason- I didn't even realize how nervous I was to bump into Alonso until I sat here eyeing the door for five minutes. Alright this is pathetic- man up. Remember he liked you first. Not the other way around. He told you he loved you- better act like you never did.

"Nassiah you ain't doing what you're suppose to be doing!" My uncle yelled and old man Higgins laughed- his old ass bout to out live my uncle- sad.

"I am! Hop off, how you know what I'm doing you can't even breathe without help" I snapped back and I heard his walker get closer causing me to pause my game and pick up a file acting as if I was reading them. By the time he got to me I was actually doing what I was suppose to and he was surprised.

"Oh shit my fault young man- I guess you did change. New York did you real good" he added as I read the paper that was talking about him sending money to a rehab place for 6 months.

"Aye unc" I said looking at it more intensely. He was talking to someone else but I didn't care I was never scared to break up a conversation. "Uncle Keem" I said louder my eyes lifting.

"What boy! Damn?" He asked as my eyes gazed over on the person he was taking too not interested I went back to him.

"Who ass got them hooked on drugs?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. His eyes told me a look of warning he didn't want to get into this right now- that made it clearly my mother. Which brought me to remember I should have a little brother or sister running around here. Her thot ass.

"Sorry Keem I held him up" the voice said a laugh coming behind it as some tatted Asian man walked through the door- I was about to turn my head then I caught glimpse of someone- Alonso. My mouth went dry as hell and I felt my face scrunch up, and who the fuck was this hmm? I had to remember how we left off for a moment to compose myself. When his eyes met mine I could tell he didn't even know I was in town. The boy eyes kept moving over towards mine.

"Nassiah!" I got snapped out of my thoughts by my uncle and the three looking over at me.

"Wait, this is the famous Nassiah?" The Asian asked and I felt myself get a bit mad.who the hell been talking about me huh? I had to think through my next move- my son didn't need both his parents in jail.so instead of saying something I exhale to calm myself down then speak.

"And what's it to you bitch?" I questioned and my uncle started mouthing curse words to me. He was taken back but not scared- I knew the difference. Alonso bitch ass was still lost for words.let me leave poor boy alone.

"O-oh shit, uh erm when did you get back?" Alonso finally said after the Asian man had looked at him for an answer. I could tell they were a thing because the Asian man didn't like that answer.

"Last week or so- how you been?" I asked and Alonso nodded his eyes darting away from me and he went to talk to the Asian man as my uncle moved his walker towards me until he was at the other side of the desk.

"I get it you're gay- or was and you might be a bit hurt at what you are seeing- but act like a grown ass man for once. Alonso helped me a lot ever sense I was sick and I don't need my impulsive nephew to fuck it up" he whispered yelled and I smacked my lips together.

"Geez uncle I'm a changed man-I couldn't give a rats ass about that boy" I muttered looking at him before going back to the computer. Idiots.