22.0

Alonso

I watched the video for the hundredth time it seemed like, the man getting out of the car looking around. At that moment I knew it was him. I still leaned up in my chair to look closer at the mans face. I seen half of it and I had to stop myself from cursing at the small screen. The video kept going and the man went to the back of his car pulling out a plastic bag. It was the same night of the shooting and all I was thinking was, Von you wanted to soak Locks body in acid but not my fathers? Fucking idiot. I watched him dig the hole and then place the body in it, watched him cover it up almost perfectly and then drive off the scene. All I could think of was what did this mean for the case? Von looks as if the main suspect but the already talked to witnesses what if they are saying it's a girl? the funeral was tomorrow. I didn't think it would be up here but His wife who I finally found our name and remembered it Kohna said she just wanted family. So I guess it's gonna be us, her son— a few niggas from the saints they considered family then she's gonna fly out two days after.

"We got him in custody, you know him?" I questioned. My father had showed us the images from the crime seen- Von stupid ass bright and clear.

"You work in a barber shop son, maybe he's been in there a few times" he spoke with a small shrug but his police side was on. I had been staying out of the house as possible. I didn't like Lacey. Sure it was Nassiah's babymother she had rights to be here, at first I was all for her being here for maybe a couple hours. But this girl has stayed for going on four days now— four fucking days. Nassiah is an idiot. Not only is she a missing inmate, she's a bad influence. A real bad influence. I didn't need to be around the house to know that because every time I came home Donnie let me know how he felt about it. He didn't trust that lemon head ass bitch Donnie's words not mine but I didn't disagree with them at all.

"Lo are you okay?" Amor asked as she placed her hand on my shoulder. I sent her a small nod and scratched the back of my head. Amor took me to a group meeting with other people who been raped. It helped me feel less alone but I mostly just sat and listened. She said she would go with me forever if it made me feel better; it didn't but the thought of it did. "Seem spacey, which I get and all just checkin in" She give me concerned eyes, eyes everyone's been giving me. Everyone except Tas'hania. I would expect her to hate me I mean she lost her freedom doing something for me but she still holds the same love in her heart and that only made me feel more guilty. We walked out of the precinct and it was still maybe 1 pm. Oofphm

"Oh shit my ba- hey Alex" I stopped myself from making it awkward and tried to go causal his eyes looked up from his phone around the parking lot as if that wasn't his name then back at me shading his face form the sun.

"Hey Alonso— you look... exhausted" he said giving me a small comforting smile, I let out a small laugh because he wasn't wrong at all. That's exactly what I was.

"Tryin get myself together yaknow— but what are you doing here?" I asked looking back at the building I was exiting. Amor was trying to look at Von in person and of course she didn't know who the boy was; I just hope she didn't recognize how close he looked to Donnie.

"Community service... I got drunk and the rest history" he said letting out a nervous chuckle. "But I'm glad you're taking time to focus on yourself, maybe you can finally see how great you are" I was going to respond but Amor calling my name allowed us to both know the conversation was over and we went our separate ways.

"I thought you were with Nas" Amor asked as soon as she caught up to me. I didn't respond because I was pretty sure she already knew this so why was she bringing this up now? "He knows you still talk to Alex?"