Love Letter

Jihyo's POV

I have a secret that I have been keeping since middle school.

I have never told anyone about it since it is both embarrassing and unlikely of me.

And if ever this secret of mine will be revealed, I am definitely sure that I'll be in the losing end.

"Hey Jihyo, faster! Everyone's ahead of us already!! Stop acting like you're a girl!"

"Yaah!! Don't look down on me Min Yoongi!! I'm just not in my best condition to run!"

"The star of track and field isn't in condition??"

"You know...it's a girl's thing. Don't ask anymore."

"Then let's stop running. It's not like we're in a competition."

"What are you saying? Our coach will scold us if we stop now."

"Don't worry, leave it to me. All you need is to grimace and follow my lead ok."

"Grima--- yaah!! You're not asking me to put an act again, are you?! Don't even start it Yoongi! I'd have enough of--"

"Coach!! Coach!!"

The heck!! I rolled my eyes and on queue, put up my acting facade. This isn't the first time we acted out for an escape. Yoongi will do it spontaneously so I can take my rest whenever I reach that day of the month.

Again, we successfully fooled our coach and now taking our rest in the school clinic.

"Hey Ji, I forgot to tell you. I've got a letter again from that secret admirer of mine."

"Really? What does it say?"

"I don't know."

"Don't tell me you haven't opened it yet."

"I told you, I've already set my eyes on a special girl. I won't make her jealous because of that love letter."

"I've been your friend ever since but you have never told me about the unlucky girl you set your eyes on. When will I meet her?"

"In time. I'm not sure if I'm ready now to tell you."

"Hmp! Whatever Min Yoongi."

I turned my back on him and pretend to rest. I felt him get up from the edge of the bed and pull out a stool to sit on.

"Rest well Ms. Girly girl. I'll just stay here and do some homework."

I smiled secretly. Of course, he'll stay. There's no way he'll let me stay here alone.

I told you, I've already set my eyes on a special girl. I won't make her jealous because of that love letter.

I feel like crying whenever he expresses he's liking to that special girl. We've been friends since we were 5 years old but never did I saw him with other girls.

He said he met her during the time I was vacationing out of town when we were 12. I asked her mom back then; 'cause I'm really close to his family- but she said she have no idea if his son met a new friend while I was away. Hence, Yoongi keep insisting to me that the special girl of his do exist. 

I've become convinced that he was telling the truth when I realized that I've started to have a liking on him. The way his eyes sparkle at a mention of his special girl reminds me of how I look in front of my mirror thinking of him.