Happen Ending

Did we fell in love only to break up?

**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--

Jihyo's POV

"Yoongi, where are you? We're supposed to meet at seven."

"Ah, Jihyo, I'm sorry. You know it's Friday and I've got so many in my hands for work."

"But we agreed to meet, it's my--"

"I know, I'm sorry. (Yoongi, are you done with the demo?) I need to hang up now. I'll call you later, okay."

*phone off*

It's my birthday today, Mean Yoongi.

~~~~~

Min Yoongi was my ideal guy. To my eyes, he is the most perfect guy of all. I had a crush on him first and tried my best to win his attention. I was really cute back then and maybe because of that, I finally caught his interest. We started dating in college and I can never be any happier. He's the one for me, that I am sure. We were in cloud nine for the three years of our relationship until suddenly, something had changed. He started dreaming of something big, something of more importance than me. He started creating his future and while I thought it is all for the better, I belatedly realized that I was not part of the future he imagined. 

It is all his fault for letting go of my hand and it is all my fault for allowing him to let go.

If I can only blame something else, I'll blame the time. We were young and drunk in love. We were young and have big dreams. We were young and fearless. But since we were young, we failed to surpass the difficulties life brought us because we lack time and experience. We failed to stay stronger and to stay together because we were young and still weak.

~~~~~

It was a few years back when we were still together. The moment he finally bagged his dream job in an entertainment company, he spends most of his time working. I shouldn't complain, right? No, I'm actually happy for him but... I feel neglected. 

For the first three months, I've been very patient and supportive. He dedicated his time almost all day writing songs, creating music. He does it even on weekends because I quote; "He's inspired to write". Every time he will cancel our planned date to compose, I'll just sigh and smiled at him; thinking 'how excited he must be to be this passionate'. I should support him for his endeavor because that's what I'm supposed to do as his girlfriend.

The thing is, the more I loosened up the more I feel like he's getting farther. He started ignoring my messages and refuse to take my calls. His reason? He didn't notice his phone ringing. But he used to be a very attentive man! He'll greet me good morning and said his good night every single day since the first day we started dating. All of a sudden because he didn't notice his phone ringing, I need to adjust abruptly? I told myself, breathe, and let it slide. The company must be very demanding and Yoongi, as a naturally competitive person must felt pressured to do his best. 

"You're dumb, Jihyo."

That's what most of my friends would say whenever I rant on them about Yoongi. They say I should tell on him, to say I'm not happy with his changing behavior. At one point I was convinced that my friends are right, I am dumb. Why? I can't even tell him I'm sad and missing him so bad because he always cut our conversations short. While I set the mood of our exchanges, someone will take over his attention and drop the call.