Blood, Sweat, Tears

a/n: Read with caution - contains slight violence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jihyo's POV

"Finally! I've got my dream phone!!"

I shout inside my head; holding my new phone dearly while standing outside the store I bought it at. It is now past ten in the evening and I was the last customer of that phone store. Since I started working at Seoul Hospital as an intern, I've set my eyes on this phone and told myself I'll only buy it when I finally become a resident doctor. The phone isn't the latest model anymore and in fact, I just bought it at half of its original price since it depreciates over time.

But the phone's model isn't the point of buying it. It is the goal I have incorporated into it. Today marks my first day as a resident doctor in the same hospital I worked as an intern and that means I finally reached my goal ever since then.

"That was close! I thought I won't be able to buy you today. Good thing I quickly wrapped up the last surgery I had. Gosh! I'm so happy!! You're mine now--- hey!"

Not even a minute after I held on to it, a bastard came and snatched my newly bought phone. Without thinking clearly, I run after him to get my phone back. The guts of that guy, to think I haven't even taken my first selfie with that phone 😑

"Stop right there! You!! Give me my phone back!"

I yelled but he didn't stop worse, he's too fast it's hard for me to keep up. 

Why is this happening to me? Why now on my happiest day???

I keep running until finally got lost sight of him. I stop on my track to catch my breath until;

"Ouch! Please watch where you're walki--- oh! Are you okay?"

I helped the man who bumped into me back on his feet, 

Blood? 

I look around to ask for some help but there's just no one in this alley. Now that I noticed it, this place is somehow dark and scary to be at. 

"Don't even think about shouting, they'll find us if you do and believe me, you wouldn't like to see them face to face."

The guy I bumped into said while panting and that scared the hell out of me. Who is he referring to? Is he being chased by bad guys?

"Mister, why are you running away and why are hurt? Let me treat your wound, I'm a doctor."

"Just help me up so we can run away from here."

He tries to stand up but I stop him, 

"You cannot move in haste or you'll bleed even more."