Chapter Four.

•••

As soon as I walk in I hear my dad talking in the kitchen. I walk further and see he's on the phone, he turns around to face me and he looks pissed.

Wtf does he have to be pissed about. If anything I should be the one mad here.

I sit down on the kitchen stool and wait for him to finish.

Once he was done he turns around and places his phone on the counter and stares at me.

"What." I ask him and he shakes his head.

"That was Mr. Archibald" he motions to his phone. Who? I knit my eyebrows showing him I have no idea who the hell he's talking about. "Megan's father." He tries to clarify for me but again I knit my eyebrows. Who?
"The girl who's nose you broke." He raises his voice at me.

Oh her. I chuckle and he glares at me.

"Okay and?" I ask him and got off the stool to get a water.

"They were going to press charges Lennon!" I turn around and I swear if we were in a cartoon, there would be steam coming out of his ears. Now I'm imagining that in my head.

"What the hell were you thinking! Do you have any idea the trouble you could've gotten into! " He's now yelling at me about everything but I could care less all I want to know are about the chargers. I guess my father noticed and stopped yelling at me.

"I convinced them not to." I sighed in relief but he wasn't done. "This is the last time Lennon! I'm done cleaning up after your mess. Do you understand!" I give him a slight nod and before I could ask him what the hell he was doing here his phone rings. He gets its and goes into his office. You've got to be kidding me!

I stand there pissed. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he got me out of the charges. Now that I'm 18 I have to be extra careful with the law. Now turns out I have to be careful with spoiled brat bitches too.

But how dare he come back out of nowhere acting like a concerned parent when he's been gone for months. We both know he was protecting his precious reputation.

I remember the time I got arrested for vandalism and the first thing he said was "Do you have any idea how bad this would make me look!" then after he said "One more time Lennon I swear to god! I'll drag your ass to boarding school!".

At least one good thing came out of that, since then I haven't been caught on anything. I'm sure he knows I still do shit but since it doesn't affect his reputation he could care less. Although I am surprised he didn't make me do something or he probably will. Fuck. I grab my keys, walk out and slam the door.

I start the car and pull out a cigarette. I drive around for a bit before heading to the park, knowing Heidi is there with Oli.

I get there and see Oli on the swing, I stand there just watching him waiting for him to notice me. He does and jumps of the swing and runs to me nearly falling.

"Ma!" He yells and I squat to embrace him in my arms. "Hey bubbs." I give him a kiss on the forehead as he scrunches his nose.

"You smell funny" he says waving his hand over his nose.

"Sorry bub. Won't happen again." I tell him grabbing his hand and leading him to the swings.

Oli starts swinging while I tell Heidi she could go and I'll watch him. She agrees and goes home. I join Oli on the swings and watch him play for a few hours.

My phone rings and I pick up to see it's Sam.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask her.

"Some bitches are ganging up on Danny." She tells me as I hear some yelling in the background. For fucks sake. "We're at the spot."

"I'm on my way." I hang up and grab Oli heading to the house.

"Can we get ice cream?" Oli asks from the backseat.

"Tomorrow bubbs okay. I promise." I tell him and he nods. I call Heidi telling her to come outside to get him.

I drive to the spot and see everyone outside. People stare at me while I get out my car and walk to Danny and Sam. I notice about 5 girls surrounding them. 3 against 5. Okay.

Next thing I know I'm punching someone in the face. Now we're all fighting. Fists going everywhere, Danny has a girl pinned on the floor, Sam has 2 girls by the hair, and I'm giving 2 girls a bloody nose. I knee them both in the stomach and people start breaking us apart. Sam gives one girl one last punch before someone pulled the girl from her. Someone was going to pull Danny off the girl she had pinned but I glared at them to back off.

"C'mon, let's go Dan." I grab her shoulder and she sighs getting off. I pat her back and head to Sam's car. I give them a look and notice Sam has a bloody lip and Danny has a bruise on her cheek. I have nothing because I always protect the face. I shake my head at them and they just shrug.

We get in our cars and I tell them I'll see them at school tomorrow. That's the thing with us. We don't have to tell each other everything but when one of us needs help we always have each other's backs no matter what.

The drive back to the house was longer than I thought. It was now 11 o'clock and I hope my dad still isn't playing the concerned parent because I ain't having it. All I want to do is shower and go to sleep.

I make it inside and thank god all lights are off. Which means everyone's sleeping.

I go to my room and shower. I change into a long tee and shorts and throw myself on my bed to get a great peaceful but short amount of sleep.

•••

Still working on my posting schedule. So I'll keep you guys updated on when I'll be posting.
xxx
-e