Chapter Sixteen

•••

So I told everyone what was happening and they are all currently thinking of ideas to make us stay. Which is great but we're in the cafeteria and all I want to do right now is eat.

"My house has enough rooms." Nick is saying as I put a tater tote in my mouth.

"I have a basement." Sam is saying.

"They'll stay at my house." Jade is now saying.

"Mines is bigger." Nick tells Jade.

"Nicholas. Can you-" Jade starts saying but Nick cuts her off.

"I'm trying to-" He starts saying.

"That's not-" Jade try's to speak but now they're both talking over each other. Omg.

"Stop!" I shout at them. They both glare at each other then look at me. "Both of you," i point at them. "Shut it." I tell them and just then Declan and Xander appear at our table and sit down.

"Lens maybe if we ask? He'll-" Jade starts telling me.

"You guys know him just as much as I do. Do you really think he will." I tell Jade and Nick and they shake their heads. I look at the other girls and they're also shaking their heads.

"So what now?" Danny asks us all and we all just sit there.

"Wait what are y'all talking about?" Declan looks at us confused.

"Lennon moving dipshit." Sam tells him making Declan glare at her.

"You're moving?" Xander narrows his eyes and looks at me.

"No I'm not." I tell them and stand up. "So stop talking about it." I say and take my cigarette pack out my jacket and make my way towards the exit.

"Miss SaintClare! There's no-" Our dean starts shouting from across the room.

"Oh relax I'm leaving." I say back and continue walking out the cafeteria. I'm sure he said something else but I was far gone to hear.

I was going to leave school but if I want my father to let us stay here I kinda can't ditch school. So I make my way outside to the bleachers to think and smoke.

Which is bad.

The thinking. Not the smoking.

Nothing good ever comes from thinking. But in this case nothing comes to mind. What can I do to change the evil spawns mind? There has to be something I can do. And the only way I'll know is if I talk to him.

"Dejavú." Xander says walking up the steps.

"You annoying me? Yes." I tell him while he sits down.

"Mind if I-" He says getting my pack of cigarettes and opening them.

"No go right ahead." I sarcastically say and he looks at me and smirks.

"No condom?" He asks taking a cigarette out and giving me back the pack. He goes to take out his lighter from his pocket but I already have mine out, so I light it for him. "Thanks." He mutters.

"No problem." I say. "And no. Forgot to restock." I smirk and lay down. He narrows his eyes at me and chuckles.

"What happen to being prepared?" He says taking a drag of his cigarette.

"I am." I sit up so we're facing each other. "Don't plan on having sex at school today." I tell him with a serious look on my face.

"Today?" He raises his eyebrows at me. "So you've done it before?" He asks me and I chuckle.

"Haven't you?" I tell him and tilt my head. He looks me up and down and smirks.

"There's a first for everything." He says looking at me in the eyes and then looking at my lips. So I lick my lips making him smirk more. I slowly start scooting closer to him and just as we're close enough, I take a drag from my cigarette.

"Well good luck with that." I stand up and grab my bag since class is about to start any minute now. I start walking down the steps when he speaks.

"What are you doing this weekend?" He asks me.

"Don't know. Depends." I tell him and shrug.

"On?" He looks at me.

"On someone better asking me to hangout." He laughs and starts shaking his head.

"Friday." He tells me making it clear we're hanging out on Friday.

"Later Xanax." I turn away and give him a peace.

"Later Johnny boy!" He shouts and I stop and turn around.

"What!" I look at him and laugh. He starts walking down the bleachers and stands by the fence.

"Your names Lennon. John Lennon. Johnny it is." He shrugs and smirks. I look at him, narrow my eyes and then roll them at him.

"You need to get laid." I nod at him and he laughs.

"You can help with that." He tells me and smirks.

"You're right." I say and start slowly walking backwards. "I'll help you pick one out." I point at him and wink. He chuckles and shakes his head.

I turn around and start heading inside when the bell rings. Just 2 more hours of this hell hole and then I go home to another hell hole.

Great.

•••

Just got home and thankfully my dads home so I can get this talk over with. And I can finally know if I'm actually leaving or staying.

I walk upstairs and his office door is open so I can just barge in.

"We can't leave." I tell him and he sighs and looks up at me.

"Lennon." He starts saying.

"No. Dad this is my last year of high school. Oli is starting school next month with his friends. Do you seriously want to move us to another state last minute and make us miserable." I say and he shakes his head.

"Of course not Lennon. It's just, I have this big project happening and I won't have time to fly out here to see you both at all. I want you guys in New York so at least I'll be able to see you." He tells me. "Lennon I know you think I'm a bad father, I understand that. But I'm trying to make it right."

"Yeah a little too late." I mutter under my breath and roll my eyes at him. "What if Oli and I fly out for winter and spring break?" I suggest. He looks at me shocked and narrows his eyes. "We'll fly out and stay for 2 weeks each. Dad if you want to make it right you can't just force us to move when you've hardly been here." I say and we sit there quietly. I stare at him and he's just looking down.

"You're right. I can't force you guys to do what I say when I haven't been around." He looks up at me. "Okay. You and Oli will fly out to New York-" wow he's understanding? Maybe he is changing. Yeah no. This has to be a trap. "in one condition."

"And there it is." I say out loud.

"You come work for me during those weeks." He tells me with a serious look on his face. I give him the 'the fuck' look back. "I know you're interested in photography and fashion. This is a great opportunity for you to see what it's like." He says. Well he has a point there but working for my dad? That sounds like hell. But it's either that or moving so?

"Yeah. Sure, okay." I say and nod. He gives me a look. "I'll do it." I shrug and he gets up and walks towards me.

"Lennon, I'm really trying to be better. For the both of you." He says and gives me a side hug.

"Yeah. " I mutter and start walking out. Yeah, sure hope you are.

•••

An update for you lovely people.

22k reads and almost 500 votes!!!!   Love you guys, thank you so so much!!!!

xx
-e