Chapter Fourteen

•••

I have the bat in my hands ready to swing. Austin throws me the ball and I hit it breaking a window.

"Bullseye!" I yell throwing the bat on the ground. "Beat that bitch."

"Wtf. That's not fair." Austin looks at me annoyed while I laugh at him. "My turn." He picks up the bat and tells me to throw the ball.

I count down and throw it at him. He swings too early missing it completely. I laugh at him and grab another one.

"Dude. Think you should just stick to football." I chuckle.

"Shut up and throw." He tells me and I do.

He hits the ball and it hits the other window.

"Yes!" He throws his arms up. I look at him and clap.

"That's 4-1." I tell him and he looks at me and mutters a fuck. I walk to him and I'm about to tell him to give me the bat but the sound of police sirens stops me from saying anything. Oh fuck.

Austin and I turn to look at each other.

"Austin I swear to god if we get caught I'm gonna grab the baseball bat and shove it so far-" I try to tell him but he interrupts.

"Will you calm down. I'll check where they're coming from." He tells me and runs to the other side. Not even a minute later he's running back to me and grabs my hand.

Not trespassing my ass!

"Okay run!" He drags me and we start running to where we parked but stop halfway when we see red and blue lights flashing from that way.

"Oh you've gotta be fucking kidding me!" I snap at him.

"The gas station." Austin says out of nowhere and I look at like tf you mean. He points to the other side of the street. Oh.

"Shits almost 2 miles up." I tell him.

"You have a final warning lemon." You son of a bitch.

"You fucking knew and you still-" I start telling him off.

"We don't have time for this." He tells me, oh screw you.

"I hate you." I tell him and I start sprinting to the gas station leaving him behind. Every man for themselves.

We run until a gas station comes into view and we start walking and try to act like we did not just run two fucking miles. Oh god now I remember why I stopped running. What the fuck, I'm actually dying.

"Water or Gatorade?" Austin asks me before walking into the store.

"I. Hate. You." I tell him and sit outside on the bench. "Hate!" I say and try to catch my breath.

"Okay water it is." He walks in and I sit there tired as fuck. My phone starts ringing and thank god it's Nick.

"Nicholas." I say still catching my breath. "Nick!" I say louder cuz this dumbass sounds like he's at a party.

"Lennon where tf are you. It's past your curfew." He says and look at my phone screen to see it's only 2 in the morning.

"Whatever." I brush him off. "Listen- I need you to get in my car- and come get us at a gas station." I tell him but don't know if he heard me.

"Who the hell is us? And don't have your car. Also, the hell you doing at a gas station." Omg child!

"Where's my car!" I yell at him while Austin walks out the store.