guess they were wrong

i'm on the couch looking at mia play beer pong and let me tell you she's so fine at that.
at the umpteenth launch she centers the cup and everyone starts teasing jonah and brandon.
"that's it" jonah says and throws the ball, centering one of mia's cups.
the boys start cheering like crazy. maybe it's true that she's never lost at this game.
"now your turn to drink" brandon says and mia shakes her head, taking a step away from the table.
"i don't drink" she says and disappointed cheers start rising from the crowd.
"what do you mean you don't drink" jonah asks her "you lost so you have to drink"
"well i already told you that i don't drink" she crosses her arms. i don't know what this is about but she looks uncomfortable and kinda...scared.
jonah starts walking towards her side of the table "well you don't have a partner, so if one of us wins you're the one who has to drink" he takes the cup of beer and hands it to her "c'mon, don't be a pussy"

mia's pov

someone snatches the cup from jonah's hand and chugs the beer in a few seconds.
"what are you doing?" jonah says pissed
"we lost so i'm drinking" joey says
"she doesn't have a partner, she played the whole time without one and you can't just butt in the game-" jonah starts rumbling
"now she has a partner and that's me so cope with it" joey throws the empty cup at jonah's chest, before standing next to me behind the table.
"so we're playing or...?" he throws an annoyed look at brandon and my jaw can't help but drop. i don't know why he did what he did but that was completely strange.
i stare at him and he turns around. a small smile forms on his lips and i now get to notice the dimple on his cheek. i look at it and smile slightly. i look back to his eyes before getting snapped out of my trance by the ball centering another one of my cups.
jonah cheers again and joey looks at me amused "i heard you were the best at this game" he grabs the cup and drinks it, before taking the ball out "guess they were wrong" he chuckles and starts launching the ball again.
i snatch it out of his hands "let me give u some advice"
i throw it and it lands in one of jonah and brandon's cups.
i turn back to joey "don't ever doubt my skills" i wink at him and he laughs.

"goodnight" joey and adam tell us. it's 3am and the party ended about 2 hours ago. they stayed to help us clean the house.
"goodnight and thank u again" nicole says rubbing her eyes and heading upstairs.
i follow the guys to the door and wait for them to get in the car.
i can't stop thinking about what joey did tonight. it's not even that big of a deal but it meant something to me. i don't know why he decided to save my ass since he doesn't even know why i was holding back from drinking. he probably just saw me in difficulty and wanted to help me. i feel like i should thank him.
"joey" i say before my brain can stop the words from escaping my mouth.
"hm?" he turns around and stands in front of me
"um- umh nothing" i say and start going back inside
"wait" he pulls me back by my arm "what did you want to tell me?" he asks me
"for real it's nothing important, i'll see you tomorrow" i turn around again but stop at the sound of his deep voice
"mia" he takes a deep breath
i turn around with defeat evident on my face. i lean on the door lamb and start fiddling with my fingers feeling nervous under his stare. what the fuck is happening to me tonight? i'm not this soft.
"um why did you do that?" i ask him
he furrows his brows "did what?" he asks
"why did you drink for me?" i ask him
"you wanted to drink?" he chuckles and i roll my eyes
"i don't know" he shrugs "you seemed uncomfortable so i assumed you didn't want to drink".
i look in his eyes and his stare becomes more intense, as he was trying to psychoanalyzing me.
"i didn't" i confirm his thought
"i know" he replies "what i don't know is why" he says and i shift feeling uncomfortable from his words.
he may even think that i'm gonna explain my life story to him just because he 'helped' me tonight, but he's completely wrong.
"that's a long story, btw i just wanted to say thank you" i tell him and he nods
he starts walking away but then turns around again "wait". fuck i thought i was safe out of the conversation by now.
i turn around and he looks at me in a less serious way, but still with a hint of curiosity
"are you and nicole twins or...?" he asks and i burst out laughing.